World class English players

And now we have a biter, I love you tindly winkies...

Does one want educating as to why, young buck??

That's not for your propensity to indulge in tabloid propaganda but as to why Wayne Rooney is, without doubt, 100% Never was and never will be 'world class'...

Choose wisely young buck.... you know it's a transplant, right?

Recent evidence would suggest it's a bypass, not a transplant.

Well, not wishing to argue, I will simply say I have never in my life thought of Sol Campbell as a world class footballer, but you may have identified traits I neither saw nor believed he possessed. As for Steve Gerrard, I think he could have walked into any team in Europe throughout most of his career. As a midfielder, he was a constant scoring threat, while as a defender was willing to put his body on the line and was known for crunching tackles, and as a leader he was second to none in carrying an, at times, very average Liverpool team on his shoulders. Yes, he had some Roy of the Rovers moments, some of which I was present to see, but they are simply icing on an otherwise full and tasty cake!
At times the Liverpool team was average and at times it had Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso and Torres yet he still couldn't drag them to the title. Now I'm not saying I don't think he was world class but I'm not sure what he did in his role that Campbell didn't do in his.

world class players what a daft question its a team sport

why do you have to be playing at the top clubs to be called world class i think if you make in to pro level you are good enough to play in any good team world class is used in the media to hype or over hype players. you need every type of player in a squad and the work horses are never ever talked about but without the workers in the team your so called star players will not shine. in england and the premier league and even lower leagues have great players but never given a chance and the so big clubs having english players got to be picked first and they fall into a false place in the team at international level

the england team need to look at players who will give the better players to room and time on the ball we need work horses in the england squad players that give 100% and the dirty work the so called superstar don't like to do its a team sport not look at me (the superstar) so called best in the world

international football is more about team spirit and the dirty work that you never see than glory players who take the limelight they need each other to bond and gel so england have great players and the premier league have great english players who need to be pick even if they play for hull city or stoke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.