World class right backs, a rare breed

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
gooney said:

Where was the rest of the team when Sagna was dumped by Rooney?<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:36 am --<br /><br />
Citizen_Ando said:
I honestly believe Micah has the potential to be world class IF he keeps his focus.

Yes. But he needs to polish a few things

1. Built up a repertoire of kicks, passes (raking, sliced and diced, draw & tease) passes and learn how to modulate crosses.

2. Learn to be a master craftsman a la Italian (Materazzi, Maldini) or even from Zab to draw fouls.

viz should have dumped Rooney from taking his overhead kick (at his apogee) with a shoulder barge instead of using his head to go for the header. Referee would have no choice but to give a foul for dangerous kick.

Micah is still not streetsmart, a neophyte compared to sneaky masterclass scums like Rooney or Scholes !

3. Pick up a few jujitsu tricks (or from the Israelis) regarding shirt or arm tugging.

IF you do that above Micah you will be a MAN And a Megaforce. And if I may cite my blog (with appreciation to the mods for allowing me)

IF (Rudyard Kipling )
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise
(In anticipation of your return and next celebratory run)
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With ten seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a 100%ManC my son!
(with apologies to Kipling)

http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/2010/01/ade-if.html

"Richards the Megaforce'- what an end to end rush ala NHL hockey. Told not to hoof by Mancini, Micah burned the rovers and turned the turf into a racetrack, exhorted by 40,000 thoroughbred fans, with a 70 yd. dash! An exhilirating goal that merited a photo finish for his football nous!
http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/2010/01/richards-megaforce.html

Yeah I'll accept that Sagna and Ivanovic are top RB's but I'm still not having Maicon and Alves!

danburge82 said:
Yeah I'll accept that Sagna and Ivanovic are top RB's but I'm still not having Maicon and Alves!

I agree....both Sagna and Ivanovic are top defenders. Sagna is the best defender at Arsenal by some distance. But the like of Maicon and Alves are far superior footballers and attackers, but they are nowhere near the defenders

Ntini77 said:
This won't be popular, but Rafael is a great prospect.
He is and anyone who denies that is mad. But he's a prospect for now. I have to say the Silva twins and hernandez do look quality young players

In my life time I think the most competant RB was Cafu, had the height and physique as well as pace and technical ability - on top of this he would run for 90mins

Kyle Walker will be world class in the future.

As for now, Alves, Maicon, Lahm top three. In no particular order.

Although I think Lahm would fit best in most teams around the world because he's better all round right back than both.

lmjones1uk said:
In my life time I think the most competant RB was Cafu, had the height and physique as well as pace and technical ability - on top of this he would run for 90mins

Was gonna post the same thing until I noticed your post. Played in quite a few World Cups as well and won a shedload of caps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.