World record transfer fees.

barryo

Looking at the top 10 transfer fees currently and the table shows
RM- 5
Barca-3
Scum-1
PSG-1

If you then look at how many champions league titles they have between them it goes

RM- 10
Barca- 5
Scum- 3
PSG-0

If we are aiming as a club to win not just 1 but several champions leagues then it would be logical to appear highly on that 1st list.

Let's not fret about how much we have to pay for this player or that player, just learn the rules and play the game.

The futures ours.

I am not sure what those figures particularly tell us but I am sure if someone did a proper study, there would be a correlation between how much a club spends and how successful they are.

AC Milan - 7
Bayern - 5
Liverpool - 5
Ajax - 4

Top 4 teams not on your high spending list = More champions leagues than those on it

Out of these 4 teams, only Bayern are still major champions league players. Bayern also have considerable drawing and spending power in their domestic league to still be able to attract big names vs their domestic competition.

AC Milan - 7
Bayern - 5
Liverpool - 5
Ajax - 4

Top 4 teams not on your high spending list = More champions leagues than those on it

Hmm I think this is making things a little to easy. You have to consider the timing of when these clubs won their titles. I think both AC Milan and Liverpool in their hey days were high spenders. Bayern always had the advantage of ruling the German market, so they could/can assemble the best players from the Bundesliga without having to spend world record fees. Only Ajax on that list seems to me to be an exception to the rule of "spending=titles".

The European cup bares no resemblance to the champions league. If you only look at the champions league since the 90's then then the argument with regards spending to success is clear to see.

Only one of those transfers was before 2009, so surely they're completely irrelevant to any titles won before that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.