Worlds biggest aircraft. Antonov 225.

I've been on the 4 engined version that flys into Manchester on occasion, still a big fooka, flew to Saudi when the raf chartered one for us to take some shit to the gulf when we moved air bases from Dhahran, proper prehistoric in the cockpit...yanks were all over it when we parked up next to one of their galaxy's at al Karj...

bluesteve1964 said:
PoorTom said:
Bloody communists. They overdesign everything.

Originally designed to carry the soviet space shuttle.

s4xkbk.jpg

That's just an excuse. We all know that they like big:-

- Biggest aircraft, Antonov 225
- Biggest submarine, Typhoon class

Longest naval ship is USS Enterprise though. And after today's revelations "largest programme of suspicionless surveillance in human history" is British.

can be busy at 11-30, 380 lands app.. then, also swissair cargo 747 sometimes. nice change from the flock of Flybe prop stuff.
First time Concorde came to the northwest, Woodford , the gridlock was immense, wont be that bad tomorrow obviously, depends if it makes the television news whether there will be problems.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
does anyone know if this will land on the runway near styal rd.wouldn't mind standin underneath that.

Totally depends on wind direction. Planes normally come in that way but if wind changes around they will take off that way.

I would swear I was at farnborough when it made it's debut - the doubt is that I remember it failed to take off as there was a very noisy engine failure at about 60k - and I can't find any reference on the web to that happening .

It carries custom cargo loads, so someone's been busy with the credit card in the North West.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.