Worrying Fact

blueju said:
Cheesy said:
We're even worse than the second half of last season, with a stronger squad.

With the players usually at fault for these glaring mistakes and incomptences the same players that cost us last season and the season before. Until there is a big cull of the deadwood we are only going one way. I include Richard Dunne because he has been at the heart of some of our worst recent seasons and cost us dearly most seasons.

Same players who were in the top 6 this time last year with a few additions who are regarded as better than what we had last season.

Both management and the players need to take a good look at themselves and discover the performance level required to get us up the table.

They are capable of doing it because they have done it before.

Clearly there are problems at management level and between players and management and it has to be sorted out quickly.

If not make the changes quickly and if that means changing management and getting the players that will stand up and be counted then do it ASAP or else the season will become a complete and utter shambles with only one outcome.

agreed
Hughes has three Brazil internationals he cant get the best out of
our league position means no world class players will want join our relegation battle
do ya think Kaka will want to play for Hughes after the treatmentof Jo and Elano?
even if David Villa does come simply to rescue Valencia from going bust, he will play like a twat because he will not want to be here, and will get a move back to spain in the summer for a fraction of the price
to say 'we'll be ok, we are loaded' is stupidity

and all of a sudden this has become a 'if you dont like Hughes you aint welcome' forum
well, as City fans whose club is greatly under achieving, we are entitled to express our opinion
and the same people who are not willing to give Jo time to prove himself are insisting Hughes should be

I think you'll also find that when we got relegated in the year of the 'worrying fact' that Joe Royle already had several years in the managers chair thus the players we had then were all players Royle had bought...or inherited but didn't want to get rid of.......... Hughes barely had 2 months! You'll also remember that was probably the steadiest board we'd had in a decade.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
ManCityFC said:
Do you know what, this is going to shock you this, but if someone gave me a job and paid me £50k a week, I would do a fucking great job for them.

Well Sven's players didn't do a "great job" for him towards last season, did they? These same lazy arsed players who Hughes has been lumbered with cost Sven his job. Then why didn't he get fucking rid of them at the beginning of the season?????????????????????/

We had no "fucking" money at the "beginning of the season"! Have you memory loss or something?????????????????

Thaksin was in deep shit because he couldn't get his money from Thailand. So he had to sell City. The Arabs money only came in on the last day of the season.

So, yeah - let's blame Hughes for not selling about 4 or 5 lazy players when he had no money to replace them with!!!

DUH?

Hold on, but if you sell players, do you not get money to buy new ones as a by-product? No? He had a whole pre-season to assess the players he had and make a decision. He new he had no money, so what would we do now if he didn't have any money then? Eh? Walking off into the sunset with a big pay-off having nearly relegated our team.

8-1 ring a bell with you? So, face facts brother. YOU may do a "great job" - but some of City's players didn't do that last season under Sven and are certainly NOT doing it now. Then why didn't he get fucking rid of them at the beginning of the season?????????????????????/
Again, he could have got rid. He knew what to expect surely and lets have it right, last season we sacked a perfectly good manager, that the players clearly liked, mid-way through the second half of the season, so is the 8-1 a big shock?

SEE ABOVE.

DUH!

TWO managers - same players. GO FIGURE....
Then why didn't he get fucking rid of them at the beginning of the season?????????????????????/

SEE ABOVE.

DUH!

So no great shock that HIS players are working hard for him.

Great - you admit that. Then it cannot be unreasonable to suppose that when Hughes brings in more players then they too will work hard - instead of the lazy arsed fucklers we have now.

Then why didn't he get fucking rid of them at the beginning of the season?????????????????????/

SEE ABOVE.

DUH!

However, it is not all about HIS players and should we sack all the players that aren't HIS players and replace them with players that are HIS players or should we expect the players that he came to the club knowing full fucking well what they were about, to want to work for him.[/quote]

Brian Clough - Leeds. Ring any bells??? I suppose you think Clough was a shit manager because he couldn't get the Leeds players to play for him?
Did Clough have Leeds 3 points from bottom and did Clough spend 75 million at the beginning of the season only to see them go fucking backwards?

You didn't answer my question! Funny, that.
Because it is all if's, but's and maybe's. By that logic if beetroot face haad been sacked by United, he would have enjoyed all the same success at another club. Total bollocks yet again.

By the way, once he got sacked by Leeds he won the European Cup.... TWICE! Yeah, sacking managers because the players don't like him is always the correct thing to do.....

What the fuck has it got to do with liking him,

Er, maybe because there is allegedly unrest in the dressing room and he has fallen out with Elano and Jo. Get the idea?
Isn't it his job to unite the players and get the best out of them? He joined the club knowing he had no cash, what did he plan to do? Fall out with them and not play them expecting what???????????????/

if he didn't want them, I ask again, why didn't he sack them at the beginning of the season? He had the time and the money raised could have funded other players?[/color]

No he didn't have "time and the money", you loon! We were SKINT until the Arabs came in on the LAST day of the transfer window!!!

He had a whole pre-season. he could have sold the players and bought others....no?

you think it is reasonable to replace the likes of Elano, Richards, Petrov etc because they are not HIS players. Bollocks.

I never said replace EVERY player. Tsk, tsk.
No just the ones who Hughes can't get to work hard.

Correct! You're getting there, brother.
No I am not getting there, no other manager would have the luxury of selling all the players he didn't like. It's complete bollocks frankly.

1)The fact remains that if I asked you at the beginning of last season where we would be by Christmas if we had the same team, but with the addition of Jo, Robinho, Kompany etc, then you wouldn't have said fucking 3 points off rock bottom would you?

2) I am sick to the back teeth of people blaming perfectly good players, who performed pretty well last season, for the failings of a manager that can't put out a sensible team or play football in a manner that suits the team. It is a complete fucking cop-out to keep blaming the players frankly and the notion that he needs to completely dismantle and rebuild a team that came 9th last season is fucking ridiculous. Agreed?

Yes the players need to ask themselves some questions, but the manager has to ask himself far fucking more questions. If the manager has lost the players, he has no fucking right to a few hundred million of our money to bring in players that like him. It's bollocks, it wouldn't happen at any other club and shouldn't happen here. People see the Arabs as a big blank chequebook and expect them to help a shite manager buy himself out of trouble, well that frankly fucking stinks.[/quote] Agree?

Can't be arsed with the rest of that. Please learn to use paragraphs.

You can't be arsed with it because you haven't got a fucking answer for it and you fucking well know it. No other fucking team in the world would let a shite manager buy his way out of trouble. (It is all grammatically adequate as far as I can see, although I guess the questions are a bit tough for another fucking Lemming)[/quote]

No, it's because I can't be arsed addressing a chunk of badly formatted text that you couldn't be arsed to format properly so it would be easy to read.

Why should I bother trying to read it? Can't be bothered.

I've answered your other points and shown how innacurate your take on events actually is. That should be enough for you to ponder over.
[/quote]
The reason you don't want to answer these questions if because they are impossible, even for a gramatical genius like you to even answer them. Badly formatted piece of text my fucking arse pal. Answer the questions, you shit house.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
At the moment.

A lot will change between now and May.

In Hughes We Trust!

In Hughes you trust. I certainly don't. Not on the evidence before our eyes, ie, we've gone backwards even from the shite we were served up with in the latter part of last season.[/quote]

Sometimes you have to take one step backwards so you can take two steps forwards.

You need more patience. A few more weeks won't hurt - we've been shit for 30 odd years!

I'm putting your name down for when the Hughes revolution starts in early 2009. You're on my list, matey.

I'll be expecting much grovelling and apologetic pleadings for forgiveness. :-)

In Hughes We Trust![/quote]

Your hanging on to this fucking myth that a good ex-player makes a good manager and as he played for the rags, he has inherited all his ex managers qualities. Utter crap and romantic bollocks. Look at Keane and Ince, the other ex-rag, once decent players. He is a manager that has achieved fuck all and without the money ADUG are throwing at this crap manager, he would take us down. It's a fucking joke. He is going to succeed in getting us back to where we were last season, but not before 200 million is frittered away. Pathetic.

bluealf said:
Doom and fucking gloom merchants like you, do my fucking head in.

So all even then.

I come on here to read gossip and used to have light hearted banter, but now it is just slag slag slag.

It make's people defend hughes more and certain players, when they get sick of reading the same shite, they then spring into action with a fan's reply.

Big phil was shite, now he has scored 2 in 2 he should be starting.

Last year Ireland what a load shite get rid, now he's superman.

If ten people turn on a player you get ten others that will back him blind just to fuck the moaners off etc.

It becomes a crap read day in day out, probably like this post but hey ho.

THIS + 1

RobbieBrewer said:
Guys we all care about City and this is what it's brought us to.We're wanting the same things but from different sides.

I just can't help thinking that it shouldn't be like this.

I think Hughes is the wrong man at the right club at the right time,and no matter who he brings his failings as a manager at the TOP LEVEL will eventually be exposed.

We should all be looking at the January window with the glee of a ten year old on Christmas morning instead of kicking seven bells out of each other 'cos we're in the bottom three on Christmas day.

It saddens me.

I agree mate, but I thought the stats that Sky are harping on about should be shared. If people want to get all personal, answer questions selectively and protect a failing manager rather than back the players that achieved us a good league position last year, then so be it. I don't agree with throwing tonnes of cash at a failing manager, to allow him to buy his way out of trouble. It's rubbish, sorry again, but it is.

Maybe if Hughes didn't have any money to spend he would handle things differently. The fact is he HAS money to spend and if you don't want to be a supportive part of the revolution then Hughes is right to ship them out imo.

I happen to rate both Elano, obviously Robinho and prepared to give Jo more time but if they throw their toys out of the pram at not being picked then they need to be f*cked off. FFS Tevez has been Un*teds best player and he's not getting in the team but I don't see him playing up.

The sad thing is that I have no doubt that their disruptive influence is affecting the team's performance but Hughes has been right to stand up to them. If he lost that battle he could forget ever commanding the teams respect.

Blue Mooner said:
Maybe if Hughes didn't have any money to spend he would handle things differently. The fact is he HAS money to spend and if you don't want to be a supportive part of the revolution then Hughes is right to ship them out imo.

I happen to rate both Elano, obviously Robinho and prepared to give Jo more time but if they throw their toys out of the pram at not being picked then they need to be f*cked off. FFS Tevez has been Un*teds best player and he's not getting in the team but I don't see him playing up.

The sad thing is that I have no doubt that their disruptive influence is affecting the team's performance but Hughes has been right to stand up to them. If he lost that battle he could forget ever commanding the teams respect.

I disagree. (shock horror I hear you say) Having money doesn't give you a right to dismantle an already pretty decent team IMO. It now transpires that he didn't have much to do with the SWP and Robinho signings and his were Kompany, Zab and Ben Hiam. Well to be honest, the jury is still out on Zab and Ben Haim for me, and I always really rated Corluka. Kompany is a decent player and was a fairly good signing. SWP is SWP, and we always new what we were getting and Robinho is Robinho. Very good indeed.

Now it looks increasingly to me, that MH just isn't willing to bend an inch for any player he hasn't signed or anyone he thinks is a big time Charlie. That is admirable, or at least it would be if the team he inherited didn't do so well last season (relatively speaking) and weren't doing so piss poor now. I think he has an obligation to get the best out of the players he has now before we unleash him on the blank chequebook. He came in thinking he had no money, and without it he would be sacked by now, as he has taken us backwards. I understand that some difficult decisions have to be made and there may be some pain involved whilst building a team, but to drop to the level in the league that we are now, is too hard to stomach. That along with infighting and players out of position and piss poor long ball, twinned with the piss poor players we are being linked too, is very worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.