Worst City players you remember

Lee Peacock, Simon Colossimo, Scott Hiley, Ronnie Mauge, Ronnie Ekelund, Tony Scully, Neil Heaney and Craig Russell.

Last edited:
Anthony Eugene Cunningham, amongst all the dross, still stands out as one of the worst for me. Signed pre-season 1984 but he was that shit, in the 2nd division, that he was replaced by Jim fucking Melrose by the start of December, having scored 1 league goal in 18 games. Was gone in January.

Couldn't trap a bag of proverbial cement.

Who was the player that Royle brought on from the sub bench, realised pretty quickly he had made a dreadful mistake, took him off after 20 minutes and he was never seen again?

I remember him sending Lee Crooks on v Ipswich at home in 1997-98 then taking him off a short time later. Crooks had a baffled look on his face when he realised he was being subbed. Is that who you're thinking of?

1.Terry Park (the glen hoddle of the 4th division) 2. Alfonse Gronendike (the best passer of a ball in the Dutch 2nd division) 3. Christian Negoui (the best impersonator of a footballer since Ali Dia). Actually I don't think we did sign Park from Stockport County in the end. As someone quipped at the time: "more like the kevin bond of the 4th division".

Thanks. I needed that laugh today. :)

Lee Peacock, Simon Colossimo, Scott Hiley, Ronnie Mauge, Ronnie Ekelund, Tony Scully, Neil Heaney and Craig Russell.
Kinnel mate. Mauge was a sub in the only game he ever played for us. Not much time to qualify as our worst player. - I have to admit I forgot he even played for us.
To me our worst would have to be somebody from 96-99; when we "achieved" the three lowest final places in our history.
Worst value for money player might be significantly more recently - RSC, Caicedo, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair etc.

Kinnel mate. Mauge was a sub in the only game he ever played for us. Not much time to qualify as our worst player. - I have to admit I forgot he even played for us.
To me our worst would have to be somebody from 96-99; when we "achieved" the three lowest final places in our history.
Worst value for money player might be significantly more recently - RSC, Caicedo, Rodwell, Scott Sinclair etc.
Fabian delph will be included as well no doubt

This thread is a really good reminder that Bony, Mangala and Navas aren't that bad after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.