Worst League In Football?

law74 said:
You do of course realise that you have left yourself wide open to the paper roses neighbour of yours to take the piss mercilessly by saying that if you went to rugby instead of somerset you would see good football? :-)

If anyone expects a league in a country the size of Northern Ireland to be of the same standard as the bundesliga or serie A then they need to wobble their head, but you can still see some good football and some entertaining games (not the same thing).
If I was paying £5 into a ground then I wouldnt expect the same standard of football that I would expect when paying £50 to sit in the East level 3, likewise I wouldnt expect the same standard of acting at a schools play that I would expect at a top show in london etc.
So define the term "Worst league in football"?

Those inbreds may be in a higher league but their standard of footy is way worse than ours......they just don't have the intelligence to see it!!!

I define it as the worst as the quality is just downright shocking...did you catch the Aberdeen v Hearts game at the weekend, I watched for 5mins, it was atrocious and basically sums up the standard of the SPL as a whole.

nice thread,
MLS is quite good, and gaining popularity with young Americans, games are selling out too. Especially with the competition MLS has with other sports in the US. So its definitely not a bad league.

Worst league is? I'll say my country's league the Kuwaiti Premier League and not because of the football which is meh, but the conditions of the stadiums and football facilities. Kuwait is the best country for football in all of the Gulf region, winning more gulf titles than all our neighbors yet our league is still not even fully professional, the players don't get salaries they usually have to work in other jobs, the stadiums are crap (tickets though are like 4 british pounds). The youth system and other facilities are terrible and all this in a nation obsessed with football. If you go to kuwaiti forums we always complain but no one gives a damn. Qatar and the UAE are all getting better leagues, with better stadiums (their national teams suck compared to us, but that will change if we don't do something). I hope the situation changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.