Worst / Weirdest City Chant

Conversely I particularly like you’ve had your day out now f##k off home.
Same here, but after 65 minutes against Arsenal was a bit premature. They pulled it back to 2-1 while we were singing it!

worst is any one about the rags when it is not either the week before or actualy derby day.
I really couldn't give two fucks about hearing their name any other time and worst of all is the "we're a shit man united" song.

Wierdest but maybe not in the worst cat is the "Why don't you rip off your knickers" song that was sung many years ago that is very misogynistic and not heard anymore.

Heard the latter song on one of the shuttle buses from the port to Napoli's stadium 2 weeks ago. Thought it was particularly cringeworthy as there were several girls & older women on the bus, which made the perpetrators look Neanderthal. No room for sexist claptrap like that anywhere in this day & age.

Heard the latter song on one of the shuttle buses from the port to Napoli's stadium 2 weeks ago. Thought it was particularly cringeworthy as there were several girls & older women on the bus, which made the perpetrators look Neanderthal. No room for sexist claptrap like that anywhere in this day & age.

that's why I said not heard anymore, tbf not heard it since about 2007 myself and it was only a couple, where as you could get a coachload singing it in the early 90's.

Think it has died out mainly, but I classed it s wierd, as who would make it up??? bit of a strange thing to sing.

Wouldn't sing it myself it is not an acceptable song if honest.
If anyone saw the dispatches episode 2 weeks ago about football chanting, then it's not that unusual and tgere ar esome.terrible songs out there though.

Last edited:
that's why I said not heard anymore, tbf not heard it since about 2007 myself and it was only a couple, where as you could get a coachload singing it in the early 90's.

Think it has died out mainly, but I classed it s wierd, as who would make it up??? bit of a strange thing to sing.

Wouldn't sing it myself it is not an acceptable song if honest.
If anyone saw the dispatches episode 2 weeks ago about football chanting, then it's not that unusual or the worst thing out there thpugh.

I'm not easily offended & pretty thick skinned, but just can't understand why grown men sing "socially unacceptable" songs in public, especially in front of girls & kids.
Maybe part of the culture where some blokes behave like twats. when away from their wives/ partners / mummy & daddy?

I'm not easily offended & pretty thick skinned, but just can't understand why grown men sing "socially unacceptable" songs in public, especially in front of girls & kids.
Maybe part of the culture where some blokes behave like twats. when away from their wives/ partners / mummy & daddy?

Like I say tere was a dispatches episode 2 weeks ago (is probably on all4) which had leeds fans singing racist songs and city fans singing m****** songs plus afew other fans of clubs, the leeds fans were pulled up and used exactly what you have said as an excuse "wouldn't do it normally", "was because it was an away day" etc.

Like I say tere was a dispatches episode 2 weeks ago (is probably on all4) which had leeds fans singing racist songs and city fans singing m****** songs plus afew other fans of clubs, the leeds fans were pulled up and used exactly what you have said as an excuse "wouldn't do it normally", "was because it was an away day" etc.

Yeah, I watched that & the worst bit was the Fulham & Chelsea fans spouting anti-Semitic shite.

Yeah, I watched that & the worst bit was the Fulham & Chelsea fans spouting anti-Semitic shite.
Fulham?! Really? Never heard much that was offensive anytime I wandered down to gentle Craven Cottage when I lived in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.