Worst / Weirdest City Chant

Won't name him, but heard on the Kippax a few days after an opposing player's (who was playing that day) father had died...

'**** **** how's your dad, **** how's your dad?'

Even as a callous teenager, that made me take a sharp intake of breath.
Keegan...

"We'll buy your club and we'll burn it down"

"We got Robeeneehoo"

And the Iheanacho one - where we pronounce his name wrong...

...and every chant that can't maintin the same speed through....instead it speeds up.

Serrrrrrrrrrrrrgio
Serrrrrrgio
Serrrgio
Sergio
S-g-o

(and the Dzeko one that used to speed up)

And....Raheem Sterling He's top of the league....on European nights...

No wonder the "singing end" is dead with knobs like me critiquing it! :)

worst is any one about the rags when it is not either the week before or actualy derby day.
I really couldn't give two fucks about hearing their name any other time and worst of all is the "we're a shit man united" song.

Wierdest but maybe not in the worst cat is the "Why don't you rip off your knickers" song that was sung many years ago that is very misogynistic and not heard anymore.

Last edited:
"Jardel takes it up the arse" was sung coz of the way he ran. Spontaneous and funny at the time

"One Whoopi Goldberg" was sung at Rufus Brevet back at Maine Rd. spontaneous and funny at the time

I say at the time, I guess these 2 chants would be seen as socially unacceptable these days and wouldn't be accepted.

Why, do you like Phil jones?
I'm not really sure what you're getting at, I'm sure it's very funny though. But my point is, I just don't like singing about their lot unless we're playing them. Gone are the days when we were happy to avoid regulation and wish for a good result against the rags. Yet we seem obsessed with a game we played against them 6 years ago and even our only song for our record breaking striker mentions a rag. Personally I find it embarrassing. Admittedly not as cringe worthy as their 'nick-nack paddy-whack...City f'off home" nursery rhyme but I find it funny to hear them singing about us. I just wish we'd leave them 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.