Would the league on its own be regarded as a failure?

jaiguruKun

Lots of people suggesting it would be a failure to win the title only after all the talk of the quadruple (mostly from people outside the club). Personally I'd regard it as a successful season particularly if we keep playing in the style we have been doing. The league is always the priority at the start of the season and to win multiple trophies you need luck at crucial times as the Rags did when they won the treble. If we win the league it will show that we have been the most consistent team throughout the course of the season which is all we can ask for really. I'm interested to hear what people think.

Start of the season I want the league over all others if something else gets won then great. But with saying that I will be disappointed not to win Sunday.

So long as we win the Community Shield to back it up it'd be fine because that's a major trophy don't you know ;-)

It might feel anti climactic as I think most people have felt it's been an inevitability for a while now so we've been looking beyond that.

Also, to have been so dominant, it'd be nice to see the players collect loads of silverware for their efforts.

The league title is the trophy I want more than any other at the start of a season though and if we only won that I'll be chuffed to bits. Especially given the manner in which we've played.

In terms of domestic cups, I think the biggest statement we can make (even above a double or a treble) is to win back to back league titles for the first time. That should be our target and could really set us up for a few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.