Would you have died happy with the FA Cup win in 2011?

Ja Salford Blue

This is a conversation I have had may times with my mate (yes there was only two of us in our school in Salford in 99' when we beat Gillingham, were 33 now) many times!

But for me that FA cup win against Stoke meant more than anything, even winning the league against QPR!

Now i still have daft red ****s who shout 20x's or 'you'll never win a treble' (who by the way ive been to the bombed house more times than, them and their dads put together)! but they just dont get it!

If it all ends for us tomorrow, we will all die happy! coz lets be honest we never expected fuck all!

and that's what them glory hunting ****s hate! they will never be CITY!

This is a conversation I have had may times with my mate (yes there was only two of us in our school in Salford in 99' when we beat Gillingham, were 33 now) many times!

But for me that FA cup win against Stoke meant more than anything, even winning the league against QPR!

Now i still have daft red ****s who shout 20x's or 'you'll never win a treble' (who by the way ive been to the bombed house more times than, them and their dads put together)! but they just dont get it!

If it all ends for us tomorrow, we will all die happy! coz lets be honest we never expected fuck all!

In a weird way, I agree with you. I count myself as blessed to have been at both games. The league title triumph cannot be taken away or belittled in any way. But the cup win (and indeed the s/f win over the vermin) showed that we had arrived, and had to be taken seriously. That was a tumultuous 13 months in our history.

Not for me, that day is the best day of my life, my wifes life, my sons life, my daughters life. I live a long way from Manchester these days, but that night in Manchester was f**king brilliant, and the day after outside the town hall, amazing.

Yes the FA Cup win was brilliant, but that day will never be beaten for me, and I include when we eventually win the CL in that (unless its some ridiculous comeback type game again), I can't see how anything will top that day, and it only just beats the day we beat Gillingham for me.

The FA Cup probably paved the way for the Premier League title. I don't look back. I want more. I want to retain the league. I also want European success. I want to win every match.

Scraping an FA Cup like other smaller sides have (last years winners) would have been an achievement had City fielded a team of tossers managed by Owen Coyle.

I am with Cleavers. The league win was the best for me. It will never ever be bettered by anyone ever because we beat the team who taunted us for decades in the last moments. I don't care how unexpected Leicester's win was, nothing will ever surpass what we did that season.

Same age as yourself and I was the only blue in a school full of rags. (In Bolton)

QPR
Gillingham
Stoke

In that order for me. The euphoria when Sergio scored was something else. Something I'm unlikely to ever feel again.

I'd take all the stick that I got for being a City fan just to feel a few seconds of that again.

We'll never ever see anything again like the end of the QPR game but to actually win something with my lad (20) at Wembley after all the years of pain we'd all been through was just magical.

In terms of tears I cried more at Wembley.

Don's last line above sums up us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.