Would you still support City if....?

shaundickov

...in January we signed the whole Brazilian national team including subs and Phil Scolari as manager, and released all of our current players and manager except the Brazilians we've already got?

I know this is fiction but what I'm trying to find out is would you still support City if there was no English or local connection left at the club?

On the one hand, for years I've been mocking rags for not coming from Manchester, and proud of City being my local club with homegrown fans and lots of homegrown players.

But football has changed, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to support a team with absolutely no local or English connection anymore. Because this could happen in a year or so.

I doubt if there is a local connection in the whole squad as it is. most of our young players don't come from Manchester.

Didsbury Dave said:
I will never stop supporting City.
This.

Anyway, what about the fans? People who work at City? Even if there was no English thing in the way you meant,
this is football, er, this is City (THIS IS SPARTAAAAA),
so two weeks later they might all be out of the door.
51Z47BAW2BL._SL500.jpg

29 years of fecking terror LOL! CITY, the ULTIMATE scream machine.

davymcfc said:
i understand what your getting at but i would still yes.

Yeah I think I would but I'm not sure.

I've wondered in the past couple of years how shit it must be to be an Arsenal fan, because there's almost no local connection left at the club. You might as well support the French/African national team if you support Arsenal.

Euro 2008 was crap for me because despite constant BBC adverts asking me 'who will you support?', unless I had a bet on the game I couldn't really support any country. I'm afraid that our club game is going to go the same way. I really hope we hang onto Joe Hart, SWP and the other homegrown contingent, and we don't just become some completely foreign team who just happen to play their games in Manchester.

I'm not xenophobic but I would find it much easier to cheer on Joe Hart than Buffon, easier to celebrate an Owen goal than a Benzema goal. Perhaps that's just me.

Would never happen you need homegrown players in your squad for the FIFA/ FA whatever rules.

But if it was a possibility I will always support MCFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.