Wrestling

i tend to read what's going on obsessively but not actually see what happens on tv with wwe. i'm really interested in all the backstage politics and incident. lance cade was released yesterday for 'making a bad decision' that led to him having a seizure on a plane that got him hospitalised. always crazy shit going on behind the scenes, he was about to be pushed to high mid-carder with an HBK feud.

i went to the uk tour 92 i was live on sky in the audience with an undertaker bandana on and a hulk hogan giant foam hand, i looked a complete cock

Andy Kaufmann... best wrestler ever!

The forefather of WWE in my opinion.

From Wiki...

Professional wrestling
Kaufman grew up admiring professional wrestlers and the world in which they perform. Inspired by the theatricality of kayfabe, the staged nature of the sport, and his own tendency to form elaborate hoaxes, Kaufman began wrestling women during his act and was the self-proclaimed "Inter-Gender Wrestling Champion of the World," taking on an aggressive and ridiculous personality based upon the characters invented by professional wrestlers. He offered a $1,000 reward to any woman who could pin him.
Later, after a challenge from professional wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler, Kaufman would step into the ring (in the Memphis wrestling circuit) with a man — Lawler himself. Their ongoing feud, often featuring Jimmy Hart and other heels in Kaufman's corner, included an apparent broken neck for Kaufman as a result of Lawler's piledriver and a famous on-air fight on a 1982 episode of Late Night with David Letterman. For some time after that, Kaufman appeared everywhere wearing a neck brace, insisting that his injuries were real. Kaufman would continue to defend the Inter-Gender Championship in the Mid-South Coliseum, and offered an extra prize, other than the $1,000.00: that if he was pinned, the woman who pinned him would get to marry him and that he (Kaufman) would shave his head bald as well.
Kaufman and Lawler's famous feud and wrestling matches were later revealed to have been staged, or a "work," as the two were actually friends. The truth about it being a work was kept secret for more than 10 years after Kaufman's death, until the Emmy nominated documentary, A Comedy Salute to Andy Kaufman, aired on NBC in 1995. Coincidentally, Jim Carrey (who also shares Kaufman's birthday) is the one who reveals the secret, and would later go on to play Kaufman in the 1999 film, Man on the Moon. In a 1997 interview with the Memphis Flyer, Lawler claimed he had improvised during their first match and the Letterman incident. Although officials at St. Francis Hospital stated that Kaufman's neck injuries were real, in his 2002 biography It's Good to Be the King...Sometimes, Lawler detailed how they came up with the angle and kept it quiet. He also said that Kaufman's explosion on Letterman was the comedian's own idea.
Kaufman also appeared in the 1983 film My Breakfast with Blassie with professional wrestling personality "Classy" Freddie Blassie, a parody of the art film My Dinner With Andre.
In 2008 Jakks Pacific produced an action figure 2-pack of Kaufman and Lawler in their WWE Classic Superstars toy line.

Matty said:
I don't bother with wrestling as I'm an adult.

...trapped in a little boys body

bluemoon73 said:
i went to the uk tour 92 i was live on sky in the audience with an undertaker bandana on and a hulk hogan giant foam hand, i looked a complete cock

Bump for pics

Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
Fair enough if you don't like it, but can we keep this thread for people who do maintain an interest in Sports Entertainment? No need to have the WRESLING IS FAKE LOL argument again really...

WHAT????? Professional wrestling is all pretend??? Jesus, who'd have thought it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.