Wrexham V City XI (25-7-09)

Holyheadmanc

Hey guys!

Just wondering if any of you guys are going to the Friendly arranged at the Racecourse in Wrexham next Saturday, and if anyone has any info on the type of team that is going to be fielded too? I would imagine its going to be a young side with the 1st team in SA for the Tournie there!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/wrexham/events/192333/wrexham-fc-vs-manchester-city-xi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/wrexha ... er-city-xi</a>

HM

I would imagine it will be a team similar to the one that played at Hyde on Wednesday and Northwich today - a young reserve squad.

BlueMoon93 said:
Holyheadmanc said:
I take it Im the only Blue going then???????

I live in Chester so may go to this, is there an away end open at all and which City players do you reckon will play?

Yeah there is an away end open to all. I called Wrexham FC the otherday to ask this! Its £10 on the gate! be good if we can get a few going and make a little noise there! Im taking a few up from Holyhead, where im from!

Hey guys,

Just thought I would give you an update on this game. I was impressed with some of the performances out on the field yesterday from some of our youngsters, but they really struggled to play against this Wrexham 1st team who seemed to have everything from the ref....Was more like a rugby match than a footy match! Early on City were awarded a Pen, which was nicely put away, but that seemed to be the last of the decisions to go our way. After that it was carnage with their back 4 climbing all over our forwards to get the ball off them on breaks. In the second half, Wrexham scored a lovely freekick and then again from a corner, they scored a lovely header. The game ended 2-1 but although the ref was a little over the top with being Bias, the lads showed protential for the future!

Was nice to see a few blues over the boarder too!!

HM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.