WSL Arsenal (A) 05/11/23:

I don't understand how misjudging a bounce warrants being kicked out of the team! Seemed to me, judging off the quick highlights at the end (I only managed the second half on catch up) she atoned for the pen before the error with the bounce. Other than that, I don't recall her giving any passes away with her distribution.

We wouldn't do that to Ederson, would we??

Totally agree.

I think Keating has been excellent, but it could still be worth her coming out of the team for a game or two depending on how she reacts to it in training etc.

Eyes would be on her in her next game, so time out might just calm things for her a little. We have other good keepers who are probably a bit down about not playing, so it could serve dual purposes.

Been impressed with just about every aspect of Keating's game so far, I've no doubt she'll learn from it in time.

I know somebody who used to coach her and apparently a few years ago she was a centre-back, but changed role due to how we want keepers who are good with their feet.

Well she's certainly fully developed as a keeper now. Any decent centre-back would have dealt with that through ball easily.....

True, but the error is made all the worse when yer've clawed yer way into the game, probably deserved the winner and then the rug is tugged out from under yer. It can be a cruel game but there's no room for sentimentality. She's a young lass and her judgement will be all the better for making the error, and the likelihood is that she will be our No! for many seasons to come, but we have two goalkeepers of whom I would speculate wouldn't have let that bounce over their head.

Let's not act like Ellie hasnt made big errors though. If she hadnt she'd have been straight back in the team when back to fitness.

True, but the error is made all the worse when yer've clawed yer way into the game, probably deserved the winner and then the rug is tugged out from under yer. It can be a cruel game but there's no room for sentimentality. She's a young lass and her judgement will be all the better for making the error, and the likelihood is that she will be our No! for many seasons to come, but we have two goalkeepers of whom I would speculate wouldn't have let that bounce over their head.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Are you advocating her being dropped for one bad mistake in one game?

Roebuck made loads of silly errors in her time, poor control from back passes etc.

Can't say much for Maciver as we have never seen much of her in a City shirt tbh.

I have always liked Roebuck myself tbh, think she is a lot better than the current media darling at the Rags/England but if Keating has beaten her out in training then that is football.

4 shots on target from 17 shots is very poor, just not clinical enough
It's the ratio of passes to shots that concerns me. I watched enough of MCWFC to be forgiven for thinking that some of the game plan consists of X-number of passes equalling a goal. We need to process the ball into the oppo are far more quickly. Goalie takes a GK, CB passes across to the other CB, diagonal ball to the FB,down the wing to the R or LW, the move stops and goes into reverse. The number of times I've sat at the Joie and said a silent prayer unanswered prayer that it doesn't go back to our goalie. Some would say that possession is nine-tenths of a goal. I would say you'd be right if the move was executed more quickly.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Are you advocating her being dropped for one bad mistake in one game?

Roebuck made loads of silly errors in her time, poor control from back passes etc.

Can't say much for Maciver as we have never seen much of her in a City shirt tbh.

I have always liked Roebuck myself tbh, think she is a lot better than the current media darling at the Rags/England but if Keating has beaten her out in training then that is football.
Don't think it will be just for 1 error. Her kicking (especially in the 1st half) was not great and a rushed clearance on her weaker foot led to their opener. I think she's ahead of the other keepers on her handling though and If either of them are selected ahead of Keating then I would be more worried about conceding from set pieces.

Don't think it will be just for 1 error. Her kicking (especially in the 1st half) was not great and a rushed clearance on her weaker foot led to their opener. I think she's ahead of the other keepers on her handling though and If either of them are selected ahead of Keating then I would be more worried about conceding from set pieces.
She has put more down in the good books this season to smash her for one bad game, again just my opinion.

You'd think that the coaches have seen what you've seen, eh??

Unless, like I've seen Roebuck not as good with her feet and quite indecisive at crucial times. I don't recall her ever coming for corners or crosses, for example.

We can't have keepers not controlling the pen area as Keating does. With said, she totally mistimed the bounce, but that happens with the best of keepers.

As i said maybe its a one off, remember JH doing similar at Villa Park and Stamford Bridge

Seems that Taylor has accused the arsenal gaffer of bullying the 4th official, it seems to be something generic at arsenal, and it's about time someone called them out for it. I don't like him (eidevall), cut from a similar "win at all costs" cloth that arteta is.

I didn't see any of it, so can't really comment other than what I've read, but not good for the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.