Wythenshawe Hall

KS55

The guy who set fire to Wythenshawe Hall has been jailed for 4.5 years. I was brought up within a stones throw of the hall. We used to play on the swings and roundabouts there. A bit older and we played football on the fantastic grass of the park. Truth be told the hall was in a pretty poor state in the fifties, but you could get an ice cream there. Why do arsonists do this? He gained nothing, but has ruined his life. Is his sentence right? An ancient building has lost so much of its original features and the cost of rebuilding is many millions.

The guy who set fire to Wythenshawe Hall has been jailed for 4.5 years. I was brought up within a stones throw of the hall. We used to play on the swings and roundabouts there. A bit older and we played football on the fantastic grass of the park. Truth be told the hall was in a pretty poor state in the fifties, but you could get an ice cream there. Why do arsonists do this? He gained nothing, but has ruined his life. Is his sentence right? An ancient building has lost so much of its original features and the cost of rebuilding is many millions.
He hasn't ruined his life, he'll do 2yrs & inside they'll have a good laugh , after all it's just a building , he's a nobody who just got his 15 minutes of fame.

Same here. I lived on Wythenshawe Road for 30 years, and my mum still lives there. We visited the hall and the park over many many years. I used to watch City train there in the seventies. I’ve been to wedding receptions at the hall, and would have considered it for my son’s forthcoming wedding. It is such a shame it has been ruined by some mindless idiot.

He hasn't ruined his life, he'll do 2yrs & inside they'll have a good laugh , after all it's just a building , he's a nobody who just got his 15 minutes of fame.

All about ambition I guess. If he wants to do anything with his life 4 years in prison for setting fire to one of the UK's oldest and loved building won't impress anyone on a CV.

He'll never amount to anything but the twat he already is.

But will he get a decent Job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.