X-box 360 ring of death

You can overheat the box with towles etc (see You Tube) but this will only last a few days before it goes again.
You are better sending it off - took less than a week for mine to be picked up by UPS, sent to Germany, new board, new DVD drive (replaced by Microsoft as they said it was a bit wonky) and returned by UPS with a months subscription to X-Box Live for the inconvenience. Online tracking all the way so knew exactly where it was and what stage it was at - piece of piss.

my mates fixed a few of these with an X-clamp off ebay.... works a treat... however if yours is still under warranty i'd send it off personally

Depends on the number of rings although I hear MS are now fixing the e74 error now for free!

Go to the xbox site and give your serial number - they could fix it for free, the red ring of death is deffo fixed for nowt but the e74 I'm not sure about.
They send you a label and you ship it out to Germany

MS will only do the E74 error for free if it's still in warranty. They charge a 'reduced' fee if it's not. It's all wrong though as the Xbox was manufactured with an inherent fault causing it to overheat, giving the red ring. They had to sacrifice some cooling in order to fit the optical drive in, bad design fault. Of course, that's my view and if Mr Gates is registered and reading Bluemoon this is not intended as a slander upon the mighty Microsoft!

Mine went today, 3 of the 4 segments are red. Just had the drive flashed as well. When it comes back from microsoft will I have to have it flashed again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.