Xavi - The Private Life (Didn't see this coming!)

"This is my father, he's a bit chubby."

Quality. Although in reality, the video perceives him to not play football for the money but let's be honest, he will earning at the very least in the region of €80,000 a week and rightly so, he's one of the best players in the world at the moment.

JoeCity21 said:
"This is my father, he's a bit chubby."

Quality. Although in reality, the video perceives him to not play football for the money but let's be honest, he will earning at the very least in the region of €80,000 a week and rightly so, he's one of the best players in the world at the moment.

I don't think most play 'for the money', it's just a by product of being that good and the money in the game.

I believe most players would be playing if they weren't paid for it or not, as there are just as many daft/loyal/arrogant/big headed/funny/angry people who play Sunday or Saturday.

Looks a few years old the vid but still, lot of respect for people like that considering he's one of the top 10 players on the planet.

It will be a few years old that vid, i.e. the Chelsea references and the fact they didn't even mention the Euro or World Cup when talking of Spain.
Anyway fuck Xavi, sign his dad up!
On a serious note though, this is exactly why players like Xavi wouldn't leave Barca. Can you see Xavi shooting that vid in some high rise in town, with grandma Xavi sat nice and cosy on a lazeeboy sofa watching a plasma? No, neither can I! Money means nothing to some players, and unfortunately some of those players are the ones we could love to have.

Pigeonho said:
It will be a few years old that vid, i.e. the Chelsea references and the fact they didn't even mention the Euro or World Cup when talking of Spain.
On a serious note though, this is exactly why players like Xavi wouldn't leave Barca. Can you see Xavi shooting that vid in some high rise in town, with grandma Xavi sat nice and cosy on a lazeeboy sofa watching a plasma? No, neither can I! Money means nothing to some players, and unfortunately some of those players are the ones we could love to have.
You right but I do think in a couple more years as long as we continue to progress then that might change.

At the moment we're ringing the agents, offering stupid money to lure them. What we want is the agents to be ringing us because the top players want to play for our club.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Pigeonho said:
You right but I do think in a couple more years as long as we continue to progress then that might change.

At the moment we're ringing the agents, offering stupid money to lure them. What we want is the agents to be ringing us because the top players want to play for our club.
Not so sure. Look at how long it took Chelsea to make their first Marquee signing, best part of 10 years. Torres was already uprooted from home too, so another move within England wasn't really that surprising. None of the English clubs, even United, would be able to lure players like Xavi and Messi, because they would have no reason to want to make the move. We signed Yaya from Barca, but he isn't 'Barca', if that makes sense. Barca will always be successful, and even if we dominate football alongside them we would find it extremely hard to get players of that calibre of play for clubs like that. We could get players like Ronaldo, that type of player who isn't 'home', but not the Xavi's and Messi's of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.