XBMC/ Kodi

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pride_In_Battle, 24 Apr 2013.

1. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    New movie /tv addon called "what the fork"
    http://soullessbuilds.com/repo in the soulless repo, also when in the vid addons poseidon in there which is a fork of exodus

What the fork (fork of salts) is currently giving errors, hopefully they sort it

Last edited: 12 Oct 2017
  2. andy1234uk

andy1234uk

Can someone pm me the names of the best and current addons? Having a nightmare and only have covenant working ....thanks

3. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    I dunno how you guys do it. If I want a film I need it immediately on tap. If I had to pair or anything besides click play I'd go nuts.

4. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    Go in the addon settings in covenant and change the provider time out from 30 to 60 seconds.
    Pop this in http://lockdown.cru-cial-minds.com/Id
    Install the lockdown repo then go in addons and enable triangulum and resistance addons. Go back in the colossus repo were i imagine you got covenant from, go in addon repository and enable colossus libraries repository. Then come back out go in video addons and enable bennu and fm4 tester. Your good to go then,

Pop this in whilst your at it ha,
    http://ares-repo.eu
    Get "the pyramid" from the vid addons

Last edited: 12 Oct 2017
  5. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    This. I nearly fell into this trap before I boarded one of those filthy pirate ships. I fucked around with my build so much that I never really got around to watching anything.
    I was nearly hooked on tinkering constantly. I think a few on here have the same symptoms. ;-P

6. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    There's very little knocking about now that needs pairing and I'd always recommend a real debrid account if anyone's a movie /tv show buff

7. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

It's hardly bothersome to make two clicks to pair a device, even if needed. Rarely need to do so anyway. Any film or TV show I want is available by just clicking play. After few rough weeks the Kodi addons available are back to working well and the like of terrarium are great. All free and great quality which is a big bonus too.

8. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Seriously i am more lazy than you think lads @Machiavelli has it right. Even the idea i have to go look for news on somthing is enough to make me do it myself, i am beyond lazy. Well i am lazy on some stuff most you will never know about mwahahhahaha, seriously if any mpaa guys are reading this i just redirect people to thepiratebay.org/se/.

If i know that film is available i go to my single source (which is actually aggregated from many sources) and click "play". The idea of pairing/updating is horrific to mexD The quality is a huge issue for me also, i will use the very best encode or make my own. A friend had covenant on before and the 1080p made me cry a bit inside.

4k is another issue, right now a tool called deUHD works and the only crews who can decode properly are scene crews. For example Life 2160p HDR is available at 26MB/s or 260mbps so a virgin user with 300Mbps and a shield on a wired line could watch that film exact almost to the uhd with hdr intact. These services do not have this. It is a simple cost issue for them.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  9. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Hi TC,
    Is the covenant 1080p quality the problem or is it that 1080p is no longer good enough for your size of TV or projecter ?

10. waspish

waspish

Here’s a question for you the 4K stuff in Kodi if you can watch a 4k movie on a none 4K tv is it really 4K?