XBMC/ Kodi

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pride_In_Battle, 24 Apr 2013.

1. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

IPVanish was rubbish for me on my FireTV. However, they did do the promised refund through paypal within the stated 7 days. So maybe give it a try but be aware and get your refund if it doesn't work for you.

2. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

ACE poor again tonight. Similar pattern for me, good 1st half and then useless 2nd half. Can't see why that should be but that's what is happening for me.

3. oldhamblue

oldhamblue

I was going to go with Ace but the trial I had, the streams kept buffering (could be due to slow internet or Firestick) Allan Harper on here recommended one to me and I've signed up for a month for £7. Not had a problem with it yet. On Saturday I was flicking though all the 3pm kick-offs in HD

4. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

Yup my sub is up with them tomorrow and I won't be renewing. A great shame as they were excellent

5. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    I use nord but for vastly different reasons, mainly connecting to ircd's i do not want my real ip logged on, indeed it is bad practice to not use a vpn/bouncer.

With regards to ace i am both a bit miffed but also hopefull. They have made a significant effort to circumvent the prem server block, sadly this has introduced severe latency to the network. I am going to suggest to them they do not employ the system anymore and leave users to have either A, get a vpn or B, go with a reseller who can provide a private vpn of sorts ;-)

I do know what their issue is now and essentially it is a load balancing issue. I can't go into more detail than that.

6. oldhamblue

oldhamblue

Ace is probably over subscribed. If you want the name of the IPTV server I use please PM. I thought I was quite tech savvy but I read TCIB's posts and need to go for a lie down

7. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    If they cancel their current attempts at circumventing the blocks they will be fine. If they persist it is likely to end in tears. For what they are attempting to do you need serious hw and unless you buy that server and its components and send to a top end provider to collocate as well as enterprise grade software to manage the system with a box dedicated to doing just that you shall have serious issues consistantly.

Stuff like plonking an ipv4 addy on a vlan would see most turning to google in a panic yet they are essentially running what needs to be a cdn. There is a big gaping hole in iptv skills at the top level let alone others. It is very much a cottage industry still and should be treated as such. If they paid me you would never see me on here posting on threads such as "should the bastard be hung" xD

IP transit can help with focused services and is something i am looking at, sadly for transit to London Equinix it is 5000gbp for that alone before any extra costs. That is something ace and others with 10k plus customers should get and if i had my say it would be a prerequisite but iptv holds no standards which is rather annoying. I believe that iptv needs such advances in top level networking now due to these blocks rather than buying 10's of ovh bare metal servers and crossing fingers.

No getting away from it Sky/prem server blocks have had a huge effect. I respect that but not for a second would i wilt hahaha, hell will freeze over first. My system works, your move sky :-D

8. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    Yep, let users get on with it with their own vpn and hopefully that will sort the issue

9. allan harper

allan harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XmtZ2seac
    I haven't watched any 3pm kick offs yet but every Match I have watched has been spot on. No VPN needed either.

10. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    New movie addon called DAVINCI, in the legionworld repo,
    http://legionworldtv.com/repo
    If your not using debrid change the providers time out to 60 seconds in settings to throw up more hd links