Xbox 360 - at What point do you get banned from Live Gold?

The Silver Surfer

I've recently got a 16GB USB stick to increase memory for my paltry 4GB xbox which got me thinking that I could just get a game from a torrent and throw it on the stick and play it.

But if I did this at what point do Microsoft block your xbox ?

I've only got a standard xbox live account - mainly for the system updates - ive not got Live GOLD because I don't play online.

So would they even know I've been playing a copied game? If they don't then the console wouldn't get blocked surely?

I'd be very grateful of any advice. Thanks.

Pretty sure it wont read a game off usb mate.
You would need your xbox "flashed" before it would open the ability to do that.

When i "jailbroke" my wii it opened the abilty to use the usb ports as game/film inputs, but it needed homebrew (unofficial) applications to make them work.
I can only imagine the xbox is the same.

Ok you need it chipped for a starters.

Then you need to check the rip with abgx360, this shows you if it is stealth patched and if thie file is valid etc etc.

If it is not on the data base then play stuff but not online, i am not much of an xbox gamer but used to play stuff all the time that i downloaded weeks before retail.

Never got banned back then, anyway i think the stealth patch bit is most important, if it has that your ok.

Oh your not online ? you should be perfectly fine mate.

LongLang said:
Pretty sure it wont read a game off usb mate.
You would need your xbox "flashed" before it would open the ability to do that.

It does, I've already downloaded a game from the xbox site, saved it to the usb stuck and played it from there with no performance issues at all. I simply bought SanDisk USB stick formatted to fat32, stuck it in the xbox, gone to storage and followed the steps to set it up. Works a treat.

TCIB said:

Then you need to check the rip with abgx360, this shows you if it is stealth patched and if thie file is valid etc etc.

If it is not on the data base then play stuff but not online, i am not much of an xbox gamer but used to play stuff all the time that i downloaded weeks before retail.

Never got banned back then, anyway i think the stealth patch bit is most important, if it has that your ok.

Thanks mate, would I still need it chipped to play from the USB stick rather than burning a disk to play it from?

Also I log in with my profile to xbox live but I've not actually got a gold account so cannot play online (don't want to).

So I just can't see how they could tell what I'm doing and thus zap the box from playing online in the future if I choose to.

Of it's not straight forward then I'm happy to buy the games preowned for a tenner a few months after they've been released.

Thanks for the advice :)

The Pope said:
TCIB said:

Thanks mate, would I still need it chipped to play from the USB stick rather than burning a disk to play it from?

Also I log in with my profile to xbox live but I've not actually got a gold account so cannot play online (don't want to).

So I just can't see how they could tell what I'm doing and thus zap the box from playing online in the future if I choose to.

Of it's not straight forward then I'm happy to buy the games preowned for a tenner a few months after they've been released.

Thanks for the advice :)

There will be a record of the games you have played on your hard drive which if you play online at a later date could be detected and result in a ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.