Yaw Yeboah

Is he a winger or striker? I've seen him mentioned as both. Also anyone have a brief scouting report on the type of player he is?

I remembered him as a midfielder, but it seems he's been converted to striker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's a winger. He's small, quick and has good technique. Havn't seen him much though.

I thought he played as a number 10 myself but like most have seen sod all of him. I hope he's grown some as the pictures of him at the CFA with hart and Yaya(?) make him look absolutely tidgy.

Is he a winger or striker? I've seen him mentioned as both. Also anyone have a brief scouting report on the type of player he is?
He's a versalite player who can play on each position in midfield and as a striker. He's very good on the ball and admires taking standarts (penalties, corners, free kicks). He looks up to Messi in game and Yaw's style reminds of Lionel's one indeed. So I'm not surprised Pep chose Yeboah. He is, as it's popular to say now, "a Pep-type of player".

I've got no idea why did he get that little 1st team gametime at Lille (less than 200 minutes), probably @Suiko could explain? I mean yeaw, Antonetti take hold og them in mid-season but Yaw was quite good when played, wasn't he?

Last edited:
Is he just flying a kite here? Not name checked by Kaldoon.
From memory he only mentioned three players, I'm fairly certain we're not getting rid of the rest of them.

That said, we'll have to wait and see with Yeboah. Nobody on here (I don't think) have seen enough to have a scooby about whether he can cut it or not. Perhaps Pep has given the same speech to everybody on the books.

Khaldoon mentioned Alex & Manu Garcia, Brahim Diaz and Barker. I reckon Yeboah's just been told that Pep wants to look at him in preseason and he's got a bit carried away.

Khaldoon mentioned Alex & Manu Garcia, Brahim Diaz and Barker. I reckon Yeboah's just been told that Pep wants to look at him in preseason and he's got a bit carried away.

This is what I thought but the bit where he says Pep has told him 'he has plans for him' suggests he's said a little bit more, but it's probably still not what he thinks.

But the 'plan' could be having a look then sending him out on loan to a different club, where he plays more.

Pep can't have been watching him recently, as he hasn't been playing, but his earlier performances in Africa will be available to watch, so Pep is probably going off that.

I find this hugely encouraging though, whatever. The fact that Pep Guardiola is phoning up a kid who most have never seen, surely means he's spending time looking into what we have available at the club & which players may possibly suit him.

I would bet my life that he already knows more about the potential strengths weaknesses & suitability for his teams, of the kids at City, than the last two managers in their whole tenure.

Even if they don't make it, at least someone is actually interested in assessing them, unlike you know who.

From memory he only mentioned three players, I'm fairly certain we're not getting rid of the rest of them.

That said, we'll have to wait and see with Yeboah. Nobody on here (I don't think) have seen enough to have a scooby about whether he can cut it or not. Perhaps Pep has given the same speech to everybody on the books.
That was my thought. All told the same but only he felt the need to Tweet it!

I was told that Thierry Ambrose received a call from Pep a few months ago saying that he was looking forward to working with him, so yeah he may have got carried away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.