Yaya contract

For the first half today he was excellent - as were most of the team - but for a spell in the second half he stopped passing forward and looked a bit tired. His pass to Sergio during the build up to the goal was quite poor and credit Sergio for stopping the interception and turning it onto Silva - I also think Swansea pressed a little further forward and that exposed our midfield a bit. Pep took DeBryune off which I didn't agree with at the time. If there is one man who can create goals with a varied range of passing it would be Kevin. Yaya is nearly 34 and has played a lot if games in a short spell. For me he needs to have a rest now and then. That said, he has returned to form with a vengeance but I still don't see him staying and playing bits and pieces in games as he still has the ability to be a major factor in many other leagues.

Would he stay if we offered him a reduced wage etc etc? I doubt it.
I would like to see him stay, even after all his shenanigans, he's been sweating like a chinaman in games. Definite effort being put in.

He's openly stated it's about playing football, and he wants to stay in a good standard of football and not the Chinese league.

His clown of an agent has been quite quiet for a while now. He's been excellent since he's returned to the fold. This Yaya Toure I want us to offer him a new contract.

Ultimately Pep now will have the final say so............?

I'd sooner keep Toure and go after someone like Weigl. Delph and Fernando are more expendable than Toure.

To be fair Delph and Fernando play that infrequently they'll be gone anyway. Yaya is already fifth choice I'd say behind Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne and we also have A.Garcia who needs to be slowly integrated. My thoughts were get rid of all three of Yaya, Delph and Fernando and bring in two at a similar stage in their development to Sane, Jesus and Sterling (e.g. 19-21) who under Pep can develop into the players he wants while we still have experienced heads like Dinho and Silva around.

For the first half today he was excellent - as were most of the team - but for a spell in the second half he stopped passing forward and looked a bit tired. His pass to Sergio during the build up to the goal was quite poor and credit Sergio for stopping the interception and turning it onto Silva - I also think Swansea pressed a little further forward and that exposed our midfield a bit. Pep took DeBryune off which I didn't agree with at the time. If there is one man who can create goals with a varied range of passing it would be Kevin. Yaya is nearly 34 and has played a lot if games in a short spell. For me he needs to have a rest now and then. That said, he has returned to form with a vengeance but I still don't see him staying and playing bits and pieces in games as he still has the ability to be a major factor in many other leagues.
Admittedly, I was only watching on TV, so it's hard to see the bigger picture sometimes, but it looked like the defence and Yaya stopped passing forward as much in the second half because no one was coming deep into the spaces to receive the ball. It looked like Swansea had a bank of 4-5 players across the midfield and our front 5 was mostly waiting at the edge of the box, beyond them. That meant that any forward pass had to be threaded through the gaps, which is significantly more dangerous and liable to result in a quick counter-attack if it goes wrong. So instead, they passed it sideways more. Not sure if Silva and KDB were tiring, but we didn't seem to have anyone in the centre-midfield area to link defence and attack.

To be fair Delph and Fernando play that infrequently they'll be gone anyway. Yaya is already fifth choice I'd say behind Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne and we also have A.Garcia who needs to be slowly integrated. My thoughts were get rid of all three of Yaya, Delph and Fernando and bring in two at a similar stage in their development to Sane, Jesus and Sterling (e.g. 19-21) who under Pep can develop into the players he wants while we still have experienced heads like Dinho and Silva around.
He's not 5th choice though is he? He plays a different role in the team to Silva and De Bruyne, especially. We only have 1 injury, yet he's playing every week. Hardly 5th choice that! He's closer to 1st choice than 5th!

KDB was awful yesterday, I thought Pep got that sub spot on.

We have plenty of midfielders but we only have one Yaya. He's still the best in the business

Admittedly, I was only watching on TV, so it's hard to see the bigger picture sometimes, but it looked like the defence and Yaya stopped passing forward as much in the second half because no one was coming deep into the spaces to receive the ball. It looked like Swansea had a bank of 4-5 players across the midfield and our front 5 was mostly waiting at the edge of the box, beyond them. That meant that any forward pass had to be threaded through the gaps, which is significantly more dangerous and liable to result in a quick counter-attack if it goes wrong. So instead, they passed it sideways more. Not sure if Silva and KDB were tiring, but we didn't seem to have anyone in the centre-midfield area to link defence and attack.

I was at the game and that's the way I saw it as well.

He's not 5th choice though is he? He plays a different role in the team to Silva and De Bruyne, especially. We only have 1 injury, yet he's playing every week. Hardly 5th choice that! He's closer to 1st choice than 5th!

Come on mate, stop trying to twist things. There's 3 midfield starting places (usually) and everyone fit and on form that's going to be Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne with Gundogan coming in for any of those three as and when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.