Yaya contract

Imo if Yaya Toure played for another club and was to come to the end of his contract would City fans be clamouring to offer him a fortune of a contract, and considering his agent has recently said he is still the best midfielder in the world; that would be the case. I do not think so.
Many of his admirers on here talk about his prime being in 2013 At the business and of next season 2018, it will be 5 years from his prime.
When people talk of him being a game changer, a big game player. That was also in his prime. Now he can no longer get forward into game changing areas.That part of his game has gone, it is never returning.
His role now is as a holding midfield player, his passing as good as ever, unfortunately his defensive game, never an asset, continues to decline.A ball watcher who does not see and cannot match aggressive opposition midfield runs. The better the opposition the more this weakness is magnified.
Now with the emphasis on 5 attacking players our holding midfielder needs to be dynamic and defensively minded.

Let him be remembered as a legend and not a diminishing liability.

He is going to be very hard to replace if we do let him go. None of our midfielders are anywhere near his level for me and that includes the much lauded Fernandinho.

Assuming you mean in his prime, then I Agree with every word.
Fernandinho nowhere near Yaya as a footballer.

Completed 92 out 95 passes today so, yet again, he was a busy productive boy. He's nearly always available for a pass and you can see him directing other players too. He's been a model of consistency since he returned to the team and I now think that we would be mad to let him go, especially to a rival, so the sooner we extend his contract, the better.

Correct...
And 2 of those incomplete passes were in the last couple of minutes as he got tired... thankfully Sergio completed the final pass to Silva for him ;-)

Last edited:
I've been one of his biggest critics. I certainly think he deserves another year though if he is happy to be rotated.

I suspect Yaya has told his agent to keep quiet..

It is obvious he wants to stay at City and is enjoying his football, his role on the pitch is to direct the movement of the team and he seems to be thriving in that role..

I would give him a 2 year deal, i dont think money will be a problem..

His form over the last few months has been a marked improvement on anything ive seen in probably the last 18 months, i think this is mainly due to his deep lying role where closing down and getting box to box is not being asked of him, but the quarterback role seems made for him and he's ideal in that role keeping the ball moving quickly and displaying his range of passing as well as getting the odd goal from open play and set pieces to. Looks like hes got at least a year or two left in this role and seems a no brainer for another year extension

People keep talking about Yaya's age & lack of defensive ability (which he's never been that good at, just big).

Then if we are linked with Kroos tomorrow, there will be a huge wanking fest, about a guy who has never played in the Prem, never scores, can't stop a pig in an entry, & is slower now than Yaya will be when he's 50. But he can 'intercept' & pass the ball. Well we don't know if he can do either in this league, but Yaya Toure can & is doing.

I think it would be a huge loss to the team if Yaya wasn't to get an extension, he's been exceptional this season and i don't think i've ever seen a player able to play a through ball like he does.

I suspect Yaya has told his agent to keep quiet..

It is obvious he wants to stay at City and is enjoying his football, his role on the pitch is to direct the movement of the team and he seems to be thriving in that role..

I would give him a 2 year deal, i dont think money will be a problem..

As soon as he gets a new contract his agent will talk shit again, happened time and time again.

People keep talking about Yaya's age & lack of defensive ability (which he's never been that good at, just big).

Then if we are linked with Kroos tomorrow, there will be a huge wanking fest, about a guy who has never played in the Prem, never scores, can't stop a pig in an entry, & is slower now than Yaya will be when he's 50. But he can 'intercept' & pass the ball. Well we don't know if he can do either in this league, but Yaya Toure can & is doing.
I think we can safely assume whether a key player of the world champions and Real Madrid could 'do it' in this league, but this is hugely theoretical anyway. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.