Yaya contract

He has to get a new contract. Stats prove he's still vital to the team and we could still flog him to China in he has a contract

He has earned a new deal, if has agent can be reasonable regarding terms. I think he has played his way back into our starting 11.
He's robbed the club for 18/24 months & been involved ( I know it's only a job, but it is a professional one) with bad-mouthing and disrespecting the club to a level way above anything we a fans would ever consider saying.

To balance he is now fit and doing well but it was his own fault he wasn't fit in the first place not City's.

In seasons past I've sung his name loud and proud, the record books will show his importance to us but similar to Tevez he'll never have the same respect from me and many others.

If Pep feels he has to keep him a pay-per-play deal should be struck but realistically we shouldn't be looking at a 34/35? year old player with attitude as a bit part player he'd be taking up a squad place.

I think we can safely assume whether a key player of the world champions and Real Madrid could 'do it' in this league, but this is hugely theoretical anyway. :)

I don't think we can 'safely' assume that at all. Pogba went for more money than Kroos would have & he would not hold our midfield play together, on his own like Yaya has.

He is also much more athletic than Kroos & still gets mugged.

I have to say credit to Yaya and to Pep, the fact that we are even talking about this after Yaya's form last year and the fall out earlier in the season speaks volumes about them both. Pep seems to have found a way of having Yaya in the team that allows him to thrive again and he is becoming so important to the way we are playing again that I'd have thought a one year contract extension would be the way forward if all parties are happy. Not convinced it will actually happen though.

Pogba went for more money than Kroos would have & he would not hold our midfield play together, on his own like Yaya has.
Well, because Pogba doesn't control the midfield at all, unlike Kroos. Though it's obvious that the latter would be deployed and bossed it further forward the pivot in a 4-1-4-1 (where Silva and De Bruyne are now) so the whole debate is a bit odd.

He will never be a city legend in my opinion neither will tevez. What yaya and his agent have done to the club is unacceptable but he is currently a starter and would be very difficult to replace. Who is currently available? Where would that signing leave gundogan when he returns? In my opinion it makes more sense to stick with yaya for another year then we can see how gundogan returns from injury and if Garcia is of the required quality.

Well, because Pogba doesn't control the midfield at all, unlike Kroos. Though it's obvious that the latter would be deployed and bossed it further forward the pivot in a 4-1-4-1 (where Silva and De Bruyne are now) so the whole debate is a bit odd.

Kroos is supposed to be the great one in that position, but Yaya is playing there alongside two lightweights. I'm not at all convinced Kroos could do that, at all, without leaving our dodgy back 4 in peril. Yaya is doing it & also offering a goal threat & challenging Andy Carrol for headers & people are talking about chucking him out as if it's nothing.

Then we pay 60 mil for someone we 'hope' can play that position, without weakening the team or indeed the squad.

If they can't, we have no Yaya, to bail us out.

It needs a serious amount of thought, this.

Silva and Toure are the form players at this moment.
If YaYa keeps it up until the season ends I would have no qualms about him staying.
Weird how a season can work out.
All of a sudden KDB is my main worry.
He has really struggled in a few games recently.
Posted missing away from home a lot of the time as well.

Yaya Touré is looking to stay in the Premier League and could line up against Manchester City for a new club next year. [Sunday Mirror]

Touré has already received approaches from the Premier League and Serie A, and is looking to land a two-year contract. [Sunday Mirror]

Pep is yet to make a final decision on the futures of the players out of contract in June, but Touré is listening to offers. [Sunday Mirror]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.