Yaya-Keep or Sell?

Gundogan's Moustache

If you asked me this before Christmas I'd have been the first one to say sell. In recent weeks he's turned it around and been one of our best players in the last couple of months even rolled back the years to say.
Now I'm not so sure what I'd do with him

Depends on what role he would expect to get and how he would react being a bit part player? If for example pogba, gundogan and Kroos come in then they are if in form and fit most likely our starting trio. Add into the mix dinho who is without question a pep type player then would yaya and his wanker agent start spouting the usual bile? If he's happy to stay, work hard and enjoy his twilight years under pep and world class players then yeah I would like yaya to stay and cement his legend status. If he causes shite and his agent keeps gobbling off then he can do one and move on to pastures new.

Keep but he has to stop starting, which sadly I don't see happening.

Get rid. He has been much better in recent weeks but it's not healthy how much we rely on him especially as he's not exactly reliable any more. Get someone else in and modify the way we play so that it isn't a catastrophic loss.

Keep for me! But agree that he becomes more of a squad player/impact sub to come on if Pep's plan A doesn't work.

His strength is his best feature and, as we have seen many times, when he gets the ball at his feet he can be unstoppable but there's no way he can/will be able to do that for 90 minutes so why not bring him on, fresh, for a last dynamic 20 mins as and when required?

Cannot continue in the same way he has been, if he stays it has to be in a reduced role with a new backbone to our team. He still has value, and can be a game changer but he is not someone who can play twice a week.

I think what has hurt him a lot is that we have forgone heavy amounts of possession in the big games. Yaya is a possession player, he isn't a counter player with pace or anything. Give him the ball and no one comes near him. Infact looking at Pep's system he might actually work. It is basically going to be similar to what Nasri, Silva and Yaya used to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.