YaYa offered one year extension?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueAnorak, 2 May 2017.

1. Silva_Spell

Silva_Spell

Agree.

That and Yaya is clearly our best DM Playmaker. He'd need to be more of a squad player (and accept a wage more closely reflecting that) but there's no reason he can't be an important player against the lesser sides, esp. at home.

2. cleavers

cleavers

Ultimately if Pep wants him to stay, there will be a very good reason, and if he wants to say, then we should try and sort it out so that he does.

Ball retention is key to how we play under Pep, and there is nobody better at it than Yaya, and he can control games like nobody else, Pep clearly has a lot of trust, and many of our other players look up to him.

3. 1964

"no offers" half of europe would love to have him

4. asahartford1

asahartford1

You say he is "clearly our best dm and playmaker"
    Yet only a squad player against lesser teams. Like a lot of people hoping he gets a new contract the logic is very flawed.

5. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Our most consistent player since he returned.

6. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Names please.

7. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

No flawed logic from what I can see. He's the best in that role that we currently have but we need to bring in a younger and more mobile version of him and Yaya becomes more of a squad player that guaranteed starter. I'd rather have him on the bench than Delph and Fernando. I can't see us signing 3 new CMs to replace them given our needs in other areas. If we were to keep one of the 3, it would make more sense for that one to be Toure.

8. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Yaya's form since xmas has warranted a new contract , and he is certainly making all the right noises he has also kept his knobhead agent quiet in the meantime , would see him as a squad player for next season , i am sure Pep will be looking for a younger upgrade. Good luck with that Pep , finding a replacement for the big man in his prime will be nigh on impossible.

9. asahartford1

asahartford1

Funny how suddenly you are believing the words coming from Seluks mouth.

10. Easy

Easy

He would still have a big role here next season. Not necessarily in the starting 11 every game, probably every 2nd or 3rd game.