Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya Touré: "I want to go on until the end and the best way is going to be stopping football with City. That would be the best way for me."

Yaya: "To be honest, to see me in another shirt would be quite difficult but we’ll see. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the future."

Yaya: "The City fans have been so great to me and I always feel delighted to play for these fans."

Yaya Touré: "I want to go on until the end and the best way is going to be stopping football with City. That would be the best way for me."

Yaya: "To be honest, to see me in another shirt would be quite difficult but we’ll see. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the future."

Yaya: "The City fans have been so great to me and I always feel delighted to play for these fans."

No offer then from City.

I am sure when he said he was off if a new contract wasn't signed before the weekend he could see himself in a different shirt.

Don't believe everything he says Karen.

They must have remembered his cake this year.

They must have remembered his cake this year.

Hopefully any new contract will include a ban on him eating cake. The nightmare scenario for Pep must be for Yaya to sign a new contract and then turn up for pre season in the same physical condition as last year. Surely any new contract would include incentives/penalties regarding his weight and general fitness?

Its impossible to be optimistic or pessimistic as to whether he will stay because we've no idea what discussions have taken place. I think he wants to stay and City want him to stay. But there's a world of difference between a shared objective and a signed contract. Whatever contract we offer him, he will undoubtedly receive more lucrative offers from China, the USA and other PL clubs. Contract offers which would be much more lucrative for his agent.

Yaya Touré is close to signing a new one-year deal with Manchester City, with both sides confident that an agreement can be reached. [ESPN]

Touré has instructed his advisors to reach an agreement and will accept a basic salary that is considerably lower than before. [@Sammy_Goal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.