Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times Sport
They had Tosin leaving on a free yesterday when the likes of Sam (goal) and Mullock were brief he'd extended a couple of weeks back. I'll await quotes from Yaya/Borat or something from the club.

Does anyone think he might reject the offer? I personally can't see Yaya taking a hefty wage cut even after his comments about wanting to stay at the club and playing at the highest level ect..

There must some realism on his part about the wage cut, otherwise they wouldnt still be talking.

yaya been playing just of the 2 centre backs and even sitting in when kompany bursts forward so it not a daft idea and played most of his time at barca there

pep's movement in the back line is what most could not understand or play and we can see it with the players leaving this summer. its a unit and you have to understand how it works and cover each other and youth and speed play a big part in getting back the shape and sadly last season the fullbacks at the club was on its last legs so pep changed it to have yaya come back and just sit of the back 4 a simple plan to let the fullbacks move up a the centre back move over

simple football is sometimes what you don't see and movement of the defence is one of them and yes the ball is key but movement is king. at the start of last season i spent more time watching the movement of the fullbacks and the back 4 than the ball i was watching something new to english football. and city looked a million dollars team to beat but then the legs went from the older fullbacks they just could not keep pace with the work of up and down

so like i said yaya was used to spread the 2 centre backs and that worked better for pep but next season pep will have all the media and tv panels watering from the mouth. the fullbacks will have legs and youth on there side that role yaya played will be gone and a young and fresh player will be used to push forward and not sit

sorry for the run down but i was making you understand what i was saying and yaya can still have a part to play but i dont see the role in the middle of the park but in a 3 with the new fullbacks bombing on and city will be like lightning going forward and if you think the start of the season last years was a joy then the new season will blow you away

I don't think there's many people more interested in the tactical side of the game than myself so I completely understand the movement, constant changes of shape and rotation of players to keep the ball safe. Yaya is a master at that, when he's given time and space and not pressed.

The other side of the coin is when we lose the ball in vulnerable positions, Yaya's lack of mobility is suicidal in midfield, as part of a back three that get dragged out into fullback positions as well, 90% of the match going crowd would need a fucking defibrillator.

I don't think there's many people more interested in the tactical side of the game than myself so I completely understand the movement, constant changes of shape and rotation of players to keep the ball safe. Yaya is a master at that, when he's given time and space and not pressed.

The other side of the coin is when we lose the ball in vulnerable positions, Yaya's lack of mobility is suicidal in midfield, as part of a back three that get dragged out into fullback positions as well, 90% of the match going crowd would need a fucking defibrillator.

all spot and your right speed and fitness is not on yaya side and never was really but the lad is a power house when in full flow and is a monster to stop but on a plus side is he reads the game so well and a very big unit and in a 3 you need all of the above but reading the game can work in your favour over speed

and only a couple of days ago i been watching the highlights of last 10 games or so and yaya was spitting the centre backs and at some points deeper than both and just slotting in to make the 3 and the fullbacks was pushing right up so if pep wants to change it up next season yaya could play a big part in the role that pep used in the later stage of the season and with speedy young and fresh legs fullbacks yaya reading of the game would be a plus

i think we are on the same page and yaya would not be first choice when pep done all is business in the summer but having a change up his sleeve is always handy and i think yaya comes into that frame when city need something other like killing the game when infront just drop yaya in and close the door

all spot and your right speed and fitness is not on yaya side and never was really but the lad is a power house when in full flow and is a monster to stop but on a plus side is he reads the game so well and a very big unit and in a 3 you need all of the above but reading the game can work in your favour over speed

and only a couple of days ago i been watching the highlights of last 10 games or so and yaya was spitting the centre backs and at some points deeper than both and just slotting in to make the 3 and the fullbacks was pushing right up so if pep wants to change it up next season yaya could play a big part in the role that pep used in the later stage of the season and with speedy young and fresh legs fullbacks yaya reading of the game would be a plus

i think we are on the same page and yaya would not be first choice when pep done all is business in the summer but having a change up his sleeve is always handy and i think yaya comes into that frame when city need something other like killing the game when infront just drop yaya in and close the door

Yaya is only ever coming that deep to change the passing angles to help us retain possession, he never ever defends from that position because he'd be completely embarrassed by anyone quicker than the big nosed shit Andy Carroll.

Yaya is only ever coming that deep to change the passing angles to help us retain possession, he never ever defends from that position because he'd be completely embarrassed by anyone quicker than the big nosed shit Andy Carroll.

am taking about shape and when you split the 2 centre backs like yaya does it closes the space you lose from pushing up the fullbacks and makes the attacking team think i was thinking just that (change the passing angles) but after watching some of the last games its more than just that and kompany and even otamendi was pushing up into midfield and even up top and the left fullback sat back in with yaya its like a well worked plan to hide the space behind and flood the middle

if there is one thing last season pep got the fans learning aswell and i never ever went to games watching the movement before but now am hooked on the whole team and what they are doing off the ball and football is changing well it is at manchester city

He should stay, anyone who says we're stronger without him needs sectioning. Oh, and from some of the posts on here, it appears that he's our only midfielder who doesn't track back. That's bullshit, we have a few.

am taking about shape and when you split the 2 centre backs like yaya does it closes the space you lose from pushing up the fullbacks and makes the attacking team think i was thinking just that (change the passing angles) but after watching some of the last games its more than just that and kompany and even otamendi was pushing up into midfield and even up top and the left fullback sat back in with yaya its like a well worked plan to hide the space behind and flood the middle

if there is one thing last season pep got the fans learning aswell and i never ever went to games watching the movement before but now am hooked on the whole team and what they are doing off the ball and football is changing well it is at manchester city
There's a major difference between him dropping in between the centre backs to change the team shape and passing angles when we have possession and him defending when we haven't got possession as a third centre back which was your initial point.

There's a major difference between him dropping in between the centre backs to change the team shape and passing angles when we have possession and him defending when we haven't got possession as a third centre back which was your initial point.
On the defending side, and I agree he isn't always effective, Yaya does have two attributes that a lot overlook, his height, he quite often clears the ball away from free kicks, and he quite often prevents a player getting passed because of his style, and he isn't scared to give away a cheap free kick.

He should stay, anyone who says we're stronger without him needs sectioning. Oh, and from some of the posts on here, it appears that he's our only midfielder who doesn't track back. That's bullshit, we have a few.

Our major weakness defensively as a team is the complete lack of pace and energy in the central midfield and fullback positions, affecting our pressing game and also recovery of position when we get caught on the break. Replacing our fullbacks will help but so will replacing Yaya.

We're not going to find many better in terms of ball retention against the bus parking teams but we have enough quality in other positions to overcome that negative I believe. The weakness outweighs the positive he brings for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.