Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although personally I'd rather have a potential match winner (KDB) on the pitch in tight games, I suppose it boils down to the risk/reward thing and personally preference.
I guess it depends on which way its "tight", but Yaya can also win matches for us, something I thought he did V Leicester recently, when all around were in panic mode, he calmly put his foot on the ball, and retained possession, using his body a number of times to control Leicester.

This is why we have a manager to make the key decisions, because none of us would ever know what was best to do.

There's a major difference between him dropping in between the centre backs to change the team shape and passing angles when we have possession and him defending when we haven't got possession as a third centre back which was your initial point.

but i feel he can play in the middle of 2 centre backs if the fullbacks or wing backs are young an good enough with speed to burn it also gives the team height in the box at corners and free kicks. i know i said a back 3 but under pep that could be anything from old school 4.4.2 to 3.6.1 its going to be a eye opener and first game of the season i think pep got something up his sleeve that will get the whole of football talking and shock people

its just a feeling i have after looking at the end of seasons games that pep is hold on to something and he knows what is needed in the summer and a transfer will make all the difference to manchester city in what setup we will play and am 99% its going to be 3 at the back and if that comes true then yaya stays and will play a squad part and be used to to back up a change in setup in games

I'd play Toure in most games. He's far, far too good not to start. He's our most influential player, he runs games. Not as easy on the eye as some others, but far more influential. The likes of Sane, KdB and Jesus will be more influential in years to come, as they all look like they could change games as they have something in their locker.

Listen, you fucking hate the guy, and I like him, so what's the point in a discussion, we'll never agree.

My dislike of Yaya is irrelevant in a footballing discussion which this was until you played the cowards card. But then again we all know what you're like crying to the mods don't we, just because someone cares to disagree with you. Report this post too coward.

Best City player for the last 8 games of the season.it will take some player to replace him in the squad.

Ball firmly in his court now - if he stays, on a more bonus related package great, if he can get more years and more money elsewhere then fine also. He has shown a lot of determination to prove a lot of people, including Pep, wrong so either way he deserves to assess the options ahead of him. The only thing that may influence him is if we get another midfielder in - looking at the squad now you are not going to buy the likes of Bernardo to not let him develop as a main part of the side. Gundogan, Silva, Silva, KDB, Fernandinho, Sane, Sterling provides so many options and if we add another holding midfielder I seriously doubt if Yaya will play more than 20 games which must come into his thoughts.

Yaya is actually the perfect DM for us at this stage.

He's ball retention is up there with the best in the world as is his passing range. He also offers height and strength something that is missing throughout our squad.

The only question marks are over his ability to cover ground although bringing in pacey full backs will help alleviate this risk.

Hi all,

Brighton fan here. Really looking forward to playing you next season, although I'm sure you'll you'll demolish us, especially if the Watford game was anything to go by!

We have been linked with Yaya Toure ourselves, I don't really believe it will happen as he would surely want massive wages but would be an incredible signing for us if somehow it did!

Do you all think he'll stay? as I saw he played quite a bit at the end of the season.

Hi all,

Brighton fan here. Really looking forward to playing you next season, although I'm sure you'll you'll demolish us, especially if the Watford game was anything to go by!

We have been linked with Yaya Toure ourselves, I don't really believe it will happen as he would surely want massive wages but would be an incredible signing for us if somehow it did!

Do you all think he'll stay? as I saw he played quite a bit at the end of the season.

Welcome to the PL and Bluemoon mate.

As for Yaya...forget it, he isnt going anywhere.

I don't disagree, but I'd sooner see the full backs replaced (which is happening anwyay), and I think Yay does press reasonably well, its when he gets passed that the issues start, but 2 better fullbacks will help greatly there, so for me, if Pep wants him to stay, and all the signs are that he does, and Yaya feels he can still do a job, then we should find a way to keep him. I think he will suit certain games, and not others, but I'm happy with him staying for now, as I think we lose a lot when he goes, and I don't see anyone who can supply the passes he does to our attacking players.

Yup, agree with all of that. I'd like to buy a big, athletic defensive midfielder anyway and use Ya Ya on a horses for courses basis, but I'm delighted he's staying at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.