Yaya to cover as a Central defender?

The only way I would do it is late in a game if we're hanging on to a lead, and he drops into the middle of the 2 CB's to make 5 back line, otherwise no, definitely not one of 2 CB's, and nor for long as part of 3 CB's, he's way too slow/static for the role. I'd rather bring him on alongside Fernandhino to help see a game out, or as a battering ram going forward if we need a goal somewhere.

Lol Yaya at centre back on the basis that he played there in an emergency... 8 years ago!

How about no.

You could make a better case for putting Cloudy in goal and playing Eddie at centre back- he has spent much of recent games operating like one.

Seriously we do that little defending Fernandinho could cover it easily and after all it's not as if Otamendi is mistake free!

I'd still have Tosin there however as why make the loss of one player result in 2 changes to your team?

In the last 10 minutes of a game if someone gets injured and we've used all our subs, maybe. But if we're starting games with him at CB, then something has gone wrong.

In the last 10 minutes of a game if someone gets injured and we've used all our subs, maybe. But if we're starting games with him at CB, then something has gone wrong.

The only reason Yaya should be on the pitch on match days is if we run out of those little cones in the warm up, they’d certainly be more use than Yaya at centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.