Yaya to NYCFC?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by FantasyIreland, 14 Nov 2017 at 5:34 AM.

1. Tom_mcfc

Tom_mcfc

About 2 years too late but would nice for him to stay in the City family.

2. cjn

cjn

I'm far from an expert on anything MLS but from what I've watched I really struggle to see why NYCFC would want Yaya at this point in his career. The league emphasizes physicality and athleticism far more than it does technical skill, and while it would've been a perfect fit for Yaya years ago, at this point I don't think his deep lying, pick the lock sort of game would translate at all.

3. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    We will if we massage it mate, which we'll probably do in January anyway.

4. capiloton

capiloton

agreed. Lampard and Pirlo are far from impressive with NYCFC.

5. billfromthehill

billfromthehill

Let’s see wat the big guy wants to do .il bet his knobhead agent is dying to bust out a moan right now
    WATCH THIS SPACE.

6. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    He could still cut it in Italy imo, that would be the best place to play a decent level of footy and not be a token force.

7. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

he should have been let go after last season already. Should not have extended his contract. but I guess Guardiola wanted Sanchez more than new DM, so thats where the money was going along with fullbacks + GK.

8. Metalartin

Metalartin

I can't believe some of the NYC FC fans on that twitter feed, they said the same thing before they signed Lampard, too old, too past it... It's Yaya Toure! They ended up gutted Lampard was retiring as he had a great season when he came back from injury. I can see the pace of the MLS is actually quite fast and they could get on Yaya's back quickly with his body language but if he is surrounded by runners it's less of an issue and his qualities work well in a setup surrounded by them.

His passing is still top notch, he doesn't get injured much and he could also score hat fulls there but this could potentially be a bad move for him(if they do get on his back about his running/work rate early on before they see what he offers) as he gets unhappy quite easily and doesn't perform when he is unhappy.

9. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

That's exactly what I am waiting for almost. That twat of an agent has been too quiet.

10. moomba

moomba

Lampard was good when fit.