Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think giving him 2 years might be the best thing we can do as to date no one we've been linked with even is good enough to replace him.

Not a good comparison mate. Yaya is mostly fit and Gundagan has been injured most of the season. Great player(when fit) but i think we may of signed a sick note in Gundagan.

You MAY think we signed a sick note. To me that is hardly ground for 'not a good comparison'. Gundogan has been unlucky with injuries that, albeit long term, are not the kind of recurrent muscle injuries like Kompany.
But I was talking footballwise, not injurywise. And footballwise Gundogan can very well been seen as a replacement for Yaya. In fact I'm sure if the former would have been fit Yaya would have had considderable less minutes on the pitch. However, this wasn't to be and Yaya has been really good ever since. We could have been signing his name again if it wasn't for his volley to end on the post.

No it's time to move on. We need to build another title winning side not rely on our former champions.

Even though yaya was best player at the weekend he's at best got one season left in him at the top level. We need to find his replacement now.
he doesnt have 1 season left in him. He has flashes of great games. Its time to rebuild. Trust the youth and talent. Nice the old heads on.

Looked so slow tonight, not just legs either but speed of thought. Slowed us down soooo much. Wasnt good tonight, maybe he's fucked after trying to drag us through against Arsenal at the weekend.

About as good of a performance one could expect a man his age in a two man midfield playing 210 minutes in four days. Hoping we get one more golazo from him before he signs off this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.