Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MOM today, he uses the ball so intelligently. In a way it's a shame that some fans of other teams only appreciate him for his barnstorming runs and goals, because his ability to control the game with his passing is superb.

Not sure why he played yesterday? He surely can't also play v Monaco and Dippers at full tilt ( or whatever that is nowadays for YaYa).
Think a mistake has been made- I would have played Garcia or Fernandinho

Not sure why he played yesterday? He surely can't also play v Monaco and Dippers at full tilt ( or whatever that is nowadays for YaYa).
Think a mistake has been made- I would have played Garcia or Fernandinho

I think he may sit out the Monaco game. We need a defensive midfielder with pace, energy and mobility to track runners on Wednesday as Monaco counter attack at such speed. I think Fernandinho might be a better option for that game than Yaya.

Pep on Yaya: "He can play wherever he wants. He has a big personality and this season, he is helping me by playing top, top football."
Pep: "When that happens, Yaya will decide. The focus now needs to be on winning. We'll talk about everything else at the end of the season."

Running around like a headless chicken isn't the way a class footballer plays. Yaya should've started the game today, possibly not in isolation in central midfield, but definetly started as he would've controlled the tempo from the off, helped keep possession, slowing the game down thus breaking up Monacos fast initial tempo. Apart from Silva, Toure also has by far the best passing range available, and being the inform midfielder, it is ashtonishing that he was left out completely.

Seriously hope that he is the midfielder getting a contract extension as he still makes us tick.

Running around like a headless chicken isn't the way a class footballer plays. Yaya should've started the game today, possibly not in isolation in central midfield, but definetly started as he would've controlled the tempo from the off, helped keep possession, slowing the game down thus breaking up Monacos fast initial tempo. Apart from Silva, Toure also has by far the best passing range available, and being the inform midfielder, it is ashtonishing that he was left out completely.

Seriously hope that he is the midfielder getting a contract extension as he still makes us tick.

+1
if there ever were a game that needed Yaya; this was it... specially, in the 1st half, we needed to keep calm, slow down, and keep the ball (Yaya is all over that)
it is no fluke that the many times that the front 5 have excelled Yaya has been behind them... yes we must replace him but today he was it... and he should have played....
I would love to hear why Pep never brought him on...
oh well, on to Liverpool for hopefully a better show...

Yaya shouldn't of started (he would of been just as lost as the players who got swept away in the first half) but should of least been brought on as a sub after Sane gave us a life line in the tie.

Best passer of the ball I've ever seen dropped when we needed to have better control of possession.

Master stroke from Guardiola, that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.