Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Cheadle_hulmeBlue, 19 Nov 2016.

1. Skip Donoghue

Skip Donoghue

Looked tired today and his age...Liverpool swarmed him when ever he had the ball they knew he was the one to knick the ball off with there pressing and he struggled with it....I thought if Pep hadn't taken him off when he did he would of been sent off for a 2nd yellow as he was lunging into challenges last ditch....he is ok against the average Prem sides but today showed he can't be trusted any longer against the better sides for me

2. karen7

karen7

He has played a lot recently and tired today,got to be expected at his age

3. FCBarca

FCBarca

Liability, that's clear - I wonder now if Pep will even go less to him, despite pressing needs at improving the distribution in midfield

4. asahartford1

asahartford1

200k to do a job against low intensity teams. Can I apply.

5. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

He had some good touches but looked
    off the pace and desperately slow.As good as he's been recently it's time to let him go with our heartfelt thanks T the end of the season. Hopefully he's got a couple more great Wembley goals in him.

6. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

First half he was one of the better players I thought but maybe it time to get rid of all the out of contract players and most the the Mancini side now. Only silva and Kun worth keeping.

7. Mr HJ

Mr HJ

Writer
    He's had a nice little swan song to his time with us but it is as clear as day against youthful dynamic teams his mobility is a major problem - hence why we are seeing less and less of those Yaya runs and more bookings and fouls. Time to say goodbye and Pep knows it.

8. bluemoon risin'

bluemoon risin'

Taking the rise.
    I've preciously slated Yaya whilst he was omitted from squad selection, but Since coming back, he's given a lot more commitment than last season. We all know he's not the player he was, but I've got sick of eating humble pie. Probably best If he left the club in the summer. but a years contract as DM cover makes sense.

9. city2

city2

Thought today when he came on his passing was bloody awful, time to let him go this summer.

10. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

He's not the kind of player you bring on as a sub, it takes him too long to get going. Mis-placed more passes today than he probably has all season.