Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well have not been there,didn't take control of the game or the kids when they were losing their heads

Didn't look remotely interested tonight. Passed backwards mostly and that free-kick in the second half was the laziest, couldn't-give-a-fuck, swing at a ball I've ever seen.

My sentiments exactly. He seemed pissed off as well throughout the game which can only have a detrimental effect on the team spirit.
Hope he turns it around quickly and can get back to his majestic ways .

Last edited:
Not the Yaya we know from last season, far from it. He simply was not good and let the game pass him last night. The fact Pep brought in Fernandinho speaks for itself. Yaya hasn't played any official minutes I think, so in a way you can't expect him to be tip top.

Played like there was a point to prove... That Pep had been right not to play him.

He was ok in the first half, actually swept up well and cleared a few crosses. Second half he disappeared.

I agree that he didn't contribute much last night. It was however a difficult game to come into and his fitness clearly isn't there yet. He was blowing half way through the first half.

Got a lot of work to do yet, has Yaya, but he may still have an input this season.

We had one unused sub, Yaya should have been pulled as frankly he was bobbins.
Give him a break it was his first appearance. I know he has little mobility these days but can still play a part. Next Saturday is a good case in point.
He is more likely to cause Palace problems with his passing and shooting then Ferno. This gives Agent F a rest for the next two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.