Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father time has caught up with the big fella and I cannot see him featuring much as a starter this season tbh. Great to bring on to see games out, but that is about it for me.

Looked like he was running through treacle when he came on, his passing is still there though.

He still has a big part to play in the team this season.

Absolutely and in the context of the game, he literally didn't have to do anything other than walk, collect the ball and keep it ticking over.

Just one last gut wrenching length of the field run and goal is all i want to see from the big man.

Me too; although I think Pep has asked him to be very disciplined in what he does. Surely the right moment will present itself though.

68 touches of the ball and he was barely on the pitch. A productive cameo.
He barged his way through their midfield once too, the rest is doing him no harm for me.

Just one last gut wrenching length of the field run and goal is all i want to see from the big man.
Whilst I agree to an extent, I'm more than happy with seeing him do half the "length of the field" because it means we (and he) aren't having to defend much.

He barged his way through their midfield once too, the rest is doing him no harm for me.

Whilst I agree to an extent, I'm more than happy with seeing him do half the "length of the field" because it means we (and he) aren't having to defend much.
And he won ball on half-way to set up the move for 7th.

To be fair to him he appears not to be causing any grief about not playing. Unfortunately at his age, with his type of physic he needs to play a lot more - chicken and egg type of thing. Yesterday when he came on I saw something we have not seen too much of this season - he gave the ball away in a dangerous area and could not get back to nullify any potential attack. Others this year are fast enough to get back and this has been one of the differences to the last two seasons. I suspect he will move on in the summer possibly even January if Gundogan proves his fitness. Great servant but time is up for Uncle Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.