Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems fine to me. Would also like to note all of the behaviour issues come from his agent.

102jj2t.jpg

he may have lost a yard of pace
If only! Don't want to be too down on him but clearly his legs started going a couple of years ago and are well and truly gone now. He can still pass the ball nicely enough but whenever he sets foot on the pitch the tempo and intensity of our play comes to a grinding halt. I hope we let him go in January.

I can see him moving on soon as he just can't cut it anymore, he is now a shadow of the player he once was but I will always remember him fondly.

Yaya Touré: "You see Feyenoord, they came and were difficult. The manager at the end was quite angry with the team. We can do better than that. We played lazily."

Yaya Touré: "We are in good form, but when I see Juventus, or Madrid, Barcelona - all these teams, we’ve got to be stronger and better. Statistics mean nothing, and we have to play against them and see where we are. But not now, later, further down the line."

real shame that some posters on here are disregarding yaya's contribution to the cause , he came to our club 8 years ago and was one of the first world class players to sign for the club , he might have been paid millions and his agent has acted like a knobhead , but his signing was a notice of intent , we bought one of Barca's champs league winners , he came to "lickle city" , and he has been a massive part of our emergence as a european football power . So can we stop taking the piss of how slow or insignificant he is now and appreciate what he has brought to the club , show some f*cking respect , the guy has been a colossus for us over the years.

real shame that some posters on here are disregarding yaya's contribution to the cause , he came to our club 8 years ago and was one of the first world class players to sign for the club , he might have been paid millions and his agent has acted like a knobhead , but his signing was a notice of intent , we bought one of Barca's champs league winners , he came to "lickle city" , and he has been a massive part of our emergence as a european football power . So can we stop taking the piss of how slow or insignificant he is now and appreciate what he has brought to the club , show some f*cking respect , the guy has been a colossus for us over the years.

Oh come on, at least if you’re going to post do it with some balance and perspective. The bloke has been convicted of drink driving, he’s lied about a deceased relative, he’s openly said “my agent speaks for me” or words to that effect, he’s downed tools completely for two full seasons, he’s kicked up a fuss on several occasions to try and force a move away and on the whole acted like he’s bigger than the club. Yes he’s a ridiculously gifted player when he wants to be, yes he’s scored goals which have won us trophies, yes he probably has attracted other players to the club in his early days. But for all the respect and adulation his footballing ability earned him, his attitude and behaviour on and off the pitch at times mean some people won’t respect him.

There’s a reason our academy has set plans to create not just good players but good people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.