Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some of his performances last season I honestly thought he could play a role for us this season, start a game every few weeks, come off the bench, and so on.

Unfortunately this is not the case and when he is on the field we always play bad. His form has fallen off a cliff and doesn’t look like returning.

Not the way I pictured it happening but he should really be gone in January. Offers nothing, stealing a living and taking up a place on the bench/in the squad.

It’s a shame and I’m sure everyone would like him to stay around especially as we are likely to win something but we need cut the sentimentality out and send him to NYCFC.

Greatest player I’ve ever seen at the club. Sad to see that he’s totally finished.

Greatest player I’ve ever seen at the club. Sad to see that he’s totally finished.
That may be but a massive thanks to him for giving us his best years. hopefully he can continue influencing the young ‘uns in this season and, who knows, in coaching role in the near future.

Been an incredible player for the club, but it's been evident for the past 18/24 months that he should have moved on.

He is forcing Pep to play Fernandinho far more than he should, which is a concern because st this rate I fear Fernandinho being burnt out by February.

Probably shouldn't have loaned out Aleix and should have ditched Yaya as he's really not up to it anymore (and Aleix isn't really playing a whole lot at Girona)

There’s a bit of a knee jerk reaction to Yaya on here tonight, quite surprising really considering his performance was everything we have seen the last 3 years (excluding a 3 month spell when he originally returned to the side last season). His legs may have gone but it’s his lack of commitment, yes I know it was a nothing game as such but at least put some effort in you lazy lazy bastard. We’ve got three kids (Foden, Diaz and Tosin) who are supposed to be able to look up to the senior players as role models and that’s what they get, not even an ounce of personal pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.