Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its best for everyone he heads to NYCFC in January, he just looks soo past it and his legs are officially gone. It saddens me to see a legend like this no longer being able to perform like he did 3 years ago.

We're playing with 10 men whenever he's on the pitch. Doesn't attack, slows the ball down, doesn't do any pressing or tracking of runners. Passing accuracy was awful today as well and even the ones that went to target were bad - loads of them at head or shin height.

I watched this game with a Barca fan who said that Yaya's been bad for us for almost as long as he was good for us now.

10/11, 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 he was possibly our best player.

14/15, 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 He's been either a massive weakness or not involved.

Maybe 14/15 Is a bit harsh but he's not far wrong.

It's genuinely depressing watching him waddle about these days and remembering what he once was.

One word. liability.

I think its best for everyone he heads to NYCFC in January, he just looks soo past it and his legs are officially gone. It saddens me to see a legend like this no longer being able to perform like he did 3 years ago.

Probably not best for NYCFC. The MLS has moved on from being a bit of a retirement home. The games are very fast placed and Yaya would struggle in midfield there.

Probably not best for NYCFC. The MLS has moved on from being a bit of a retirement home. The games are very fast placed and Yaya would struggle in midfield there.

So are you suggesting retirement completely then ? I must admit after watching that last night it seems the most favourable thing to do as well

Hopefully the last time he wears a City shirt. If he's picked over an academy kid for the League Cup I'll be livid. He's a waste of time.

Its like watching your old dog come to the end of his days. You don't wanna see him go but you know its the right thing to do. Thanks for the memories Yaya.

If Pep wasn't sure, after last night he is.

He'll always be a city legend in my eyes, and this isn't nice to see

I can forgive his physical limitations as they come naturally with age (especially in a man his size) but the most disappointing thing by far was his lack of effort last night. Didn't give a shit and showed zero application. The build up to their first goal was embarrassing from him.

Absolute City legend by all accounts but I wish he had shown some pride in what will be some of his last minutes for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.