Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seluk obviously doesn't read this forum, in particular, this thread (or previous similar ones).
He says, "don't worry, he won't leave in January".
How deluded or blinkered can an agent be?

Can’t we loan him to Melbourne? Don’t like seeing him play like last night after all he has done for us.

I can forgive his physical limitations as they come naturally with age (especially in a man his size) but the most disappointing thing by far was his lack of effort last night. Didn't give a shit and showed zero application. The build up to their first goal was embarrassing from him.

Absolute City legend by all accounts but I wish he had shown some pride in what will be some of his last minutes for the club.

You criticise Yaya for a lack of effort but call him a City legend?

I may have some very mild traits of Asperger syndrome which makes me see things from a very black & white perspective but how the fuck can someone who lacks effort (not for the first, second, third or even forth time) be classed as a legend?

Zabaleta could have won absolutely nothing while he was at City and I’d still class him as a legend because he gave us everything he had and more at times.

He didn't seem interested last night,i think he could do better and help the kids better,i think he doesn't like being a bit part player but thats the deal for the next 6 months

You criticise Yaya for a lack of effort but call him a City legend?

I may have some very mild traits of Asperger syndrome which makes me see things from a very black & white perspective but how the fuck can someone who lacks effort (not for the first, second, third or even forth time) be classed as a legend?

Zabaleta could have won absolutely nothing while he was at City and I’d still class him as a legend because he gave us everything he had and more at times.

Lack of effort 'last night.'

Yaya has dragged us through some massive games almost singlehandedly and has produced some of the finest moments I've ever seen so he is indeed a City legend for me.
However, in his performance against Shaktar he ambled around, shirked from his defensive duties and played like he couldn't give a shit. Sometimes players just have a bad game, its just one of those things, but one thing they absolutely can control is the effort they put in and Yaya did not show a lot of it on Wednesday. That is what disappoints me.

Lack of effort 'last night.'

Yaya has dragged us through some massive games almost singlehandedly and has produced some of the finest moments I've ever seen so he is indeed a City legend for me.
However, in his performance against Shaktar he ambled around, shirked from his defensive duties and played like he couldn't give a shit. Sometimes players just have a bad game, its just one of those things, but one thing they absolutely can control is the effort they put in and Yaya did not show a lot of it on Wednesday. That is what disappoints me.

To be fair I’ll let you off because you’ve only been a member since Sept this year so you may not have seen (6 months last season excluded) his performances the last 3 years, they’ve all been the same.

Hopefully this can at least spend a day or so on the main forum before moving to player thread.

Love the guy, so many moments of greatness, but has anyone ever seen such a rapid decline in a player’s performance levels?

It really is quite astonishing how he struggles to move his legs now, only been on the pitch 5 mins but still can’t raise more than a jog, lmao.

Think Jan is time to say goodbye, IMO.

At his best he was awesome. Central to our success.

This season looks like one too far unfortunately. He has not been the Awesome Yaya for three seasons though, except in patches.

He is nowhere near good enough to be in our match day squad.
When he came on, Swansea had all but given up and the game looked like a sedated friendly, and even in that context he looked so poor.

We must let him go this January. He is taking up a valuable spot he does not deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.