Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His pace aside, what exactly did he do wrong last night?

No driving forward,hardly a forward pass all game,no tackling,just ambling around pointing in the centre spot,not something I expect from a central midfield role at all,may as well not been on the pitch really,we all see games differently,but surely you must have been thinking on the same lines about his overall performance ?

No driving forward,hardly a forward pass all game,no tackling,just ambling around pointing in the centre spot,not something I expect from a central midfield role at all,may as well not been on the pitch really,we all see games differently,but surely you must have been thinking on the same lines about his overall performance ?

Do we have any idea what he was told to do by Pep pre game?

Honestly i saw him sitting in midfield, linking the play and he showed for the ball and rarely gave it away.

Sure the lung busting runs are no longer there but i dont for a second think he is being asked to do them either.

Do we have any idea what he was told to do by Pep pre game?

Honestly i saw him sitting in midfield, linking the play and he showed for the ball and rarely gave it away.

Sure the lung busting runs are no longer there but i dont for a second think he is being asked to do them either.

It is a wasted performance then,and Guardiola must be thinking the same when he watches the match back,same with Mangala selection,believe me when I say it isn't all about the young lads being put in,as I think there are a few of them who are not ready themselves yet,but Tosin could have easily started last night,he did at Leicester remember,and Gundogan could have played Yaya's role last night,with either Diaz or Delph in his position.

We got lucky,in the end,saved by a player who many on here say we can do without,but we had 2 weak links in that side last night,and to reach Wembley neither can play in the return leg I'm afraid

Gave the defence no help in playing the ball out. Fernandinho in the team and their goal never happens. Dinho is always available; yaya never is.

He is turning into Mc Manaman,all he does is point and pass sideways,you could count on one hand how many forward passes he made last night,sad to see,but another who has to go this month
He won't go anywhere this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.