Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 22 Jul 2017.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I thought he did OK against Bristol but I am in the camp that he is now not a good fit for the way we play and will be gone next season

2. Silva top

Silva top

I totally agree with this.
    IMO posters are either totally for or against Yaya and they may have changed their minds over the years and they may think only of his football attributes or include his (and his agents) antics off the field. I prefer to split the two- off field I have no regard for him at all. On field, he had been a major contributor to our success in the past but he is no longer a positive team player.
    His game on Tuesday was a dichotomy of actions: slow, leaving gaps for Bristol to gain from, headed some great crosses against tall opponents and had a high individual pass rate even though most were sideways and only over a few metres.
    All in all, I question Pep in picking him in this match against a young, tall, energetic opposition like Bristol and hope he doesn’t feature in the second leg.
    Ultimately, he will leave with a mixed reaction. The longer he plays the worse his legacy will be.

3. malg

malg

He was always slow, and always left holes for others to exploit, however the way we play now it can't be covered. Also, he doesn't have the explosiveness he once had - he's just not a fit for us any more. However, he was pivotal to our early successes, and for that alone the abuse he gets from certain posters is shocking.

4. karen7

karen7

I agree with all of that,he got old and doesn't warrant abuse

5. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

If you're to overlook the "cake" incident and other needless turmoil and the fact that Pep felt obligated not to start Yaya until his agent apologized - sorry, formerly a great player yeah, but zero sympathy for him. If Yaya can't play up to standard - I won't be sorry if the door hits him on the way out.

6. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

and not forgetting the death of his brother saga. I agree, no sympathy

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist
    For those with Spotify, what do you think — is there a new song for Yaya somewhere in this? ;-)

8. VOOMER

VOOMER

He would better suited to play in a back 3, or as a centre forward, he can't do the cdm job anymore, well not in this team.

9. blueincy

blueincy

Pep Guardiola: "Yaya Toure helped us a lot last season so he's the only one we've renewed his contract, this season I hope he will continue to help us until the end of the season. I think we still need him.

Guardiola:" This season played less minutes than before but there are still a lot of games. "

Renew Torre contract?

Pep Guardiola: "We'll decide later."

Last edited: 2 Feb 2018
  10. BlueTG

BlueTG

Can't help but love him even after all the shit and his diminished ability.