Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swansea game will be just a big party, the Huddersfield game is all about the trophy presentation and the Brighton game can be all about a cameo appearance by Yaya and a fitting farewell to a legend who has been one of the best and most important players in our history

That's what I would think. He might be made captain vs Brighton.

He's very close to the number of appearances that Zabaleta got, and it will be thoroughly deserved.

That's what I would think. He might be made captain vs Brighton.

He's very close to the number of appearances that Zabaleta got, and it will be thoroughly deserved.

I'd be mightily disappointed if he didn't lead the side out against Brighton. His time here may not have been all plain sailing, thanks in no small part to his obnoxious agent, but despite that, it's the least he deserves in recognition of the influence he had on the team and the contribution he made in our previous title and trophy winning seasons.

There will be some teary eyed supporters in the crowd,when the curtain comes down on his City career,I will be one of them I'll admit.

It would be good for him to have a few cameo roles and as said.captain for Brighton match would be awesome for us all,brought off in second half to a standing ovation,to thank him for being (in the main) brilliant for us.

Plenty of goals to think about,but any sweeter than the one v rags in semi,I'm not too sure,well ok the one in the final that won it us I suppose !!

I'd be mightily disappointed if he didn't lead the side out against Brighton. His time here may not have been all plain sailing, thanks in no small part to his obnoxious agent, but despite that, it's the least he deserves in recognition of the influence he had on the team and the contribution he made in our previous title and trophy winning seasons.

this, captain against Brighton, lead the team out for the final time at home, take him off at 60 minute so the whole stadium can show our appreciation.

He’s one of the best players I’ve seen in a city shirt.

His final game will be an emotional occasion.

He deserves a similar send off to Zabaleta, and the Brighton game would be the obvious choice. One of our all-time greats.

I'll never forget that goal against villa which pretty much sowed up the second title. Immense that season and probably should have won player of the year
Crystal palace away, Newcastle away, he scored big goals when we've needed them top player in his pomp and to think when we signed him and merlin, talkshite had never heard of him

a few things made us turn things around at city, yaya being one of them, the bigger the game the more he stepped up.. Every team we played looked at the team sheet and said "shit yaya is playing".. Who can forget the fa cup goals and Newcastle away.

Met him last summer, what a nice guy, nothing like how things came across with his agent, was very humble.

deserves good send off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.