Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top irony. You're*

Trouble is, this is City, and there's a whole lot more to being a legend than just what you do. It's how you do it, how you carry yourself, present yourself and how you represent this club, because while you're employed by us, you're ALWAYS representing. Yaya just hasn't quite kept that part up in the same way Vinny, Dave, Sergio et al have.

I have zero arguments that on his day, he was a colossus. Unplayable and up there with the best ever. However, I will absolutely not forgive or forget dragging the name of the club and the legacy of his own dead brother into a disagreement in a poor attempt to either force a move or a pay rise. Disgusting.

Thanks for the memories Yaya, but legend? Nope.
My thoughts exactly.

He was amazing,on the pitch.

Top irony. You're*

Trouble is, this is City, and there's a whole lot more to being a legend than just what you do. It's how you do it, how you carry yourself, present yourself and how you represent this club, because while you're employed by us, you're ALWAYS representing. Yaya just hasn't quite kept that part up in the same way Vinny, Dave, Sergio et al have.

I have zero arguments that on his day, he was a colossus. Unplayable and up there with the best ever. However, I will absolutely not forgive or forget dragging the name of the club and the legacy of his own dead brother into a disagreement in a poor attempt to either force a move or a pay rise. Disgusting.

Thanks for the memories Yaya, but legend? Nope.
Great post mate. As you say not only what you do, but how you do it is equally as important

I've always liked Yaya. I thought the fans that were upset by his agent were entitled to their opinion obviously but wrong in mine. For me all agents are bothersome so you expect them to cause trouble.

Yaya served the club well on and off the pitch imo. I do think he's a legend and I feel that without him we would not have had as much success and maybe not even have Pep today.

I hope people pay him a lot of respect now and into the future. (As we do Zabba, Vinny, Silva, Aguero, etc)

People banging on about ‘how you carry yourself’ etc sound a bit dipper-ish tbh.

History will look back on him, Vinny, el mago, Sergio and Zaba as being symbolic of a new era at City, an era in which we hoover up every pot going. Whether his agent played the twat or not will be a minor footnote.

well that's not true is it, considering he bet against his own team mates and physically assaulted several of our players on the pitch

On the pitch? Or you mean training ground? Regardless the point was ignore off field matters, everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand over yaya and his twat agent who he let behave like a twat for years. No thanks, on the field mostly brilliant, off it absolute whopper

Thanks for proving my point , much appreciated , lets throw Tevez into the equation as well.

It’s done the opposite of proving your point, no one remembers Barton for his graft on the pitch, he’s looked back on negatively for being an absolute bell bed, as has yaya. Tevez again, he was huge in us becoming a force, absolutely massive yet he’s never mentioned when talking about our best players and why? Oh because he was a dick off the pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You clearly never saw him take a corner.

I did, I was at Villa Park when Richards equalised in the cup ;) its not a discussion on ability, he gave his all playing and ran his bollocks off. He’s not remembered for that he’s remembered for twatting Dabo and cigar gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.