Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart of the matter said:
A low point in Blluemoon history where we turned on one of our own, at a time of neediness and assume the worse and stated it all as fact. I am glad this saga is over for now so I can now go on and pretend that we are still the best fans in the land. No problem with questioning integrity but the level and amount of abuse on here was pathetic.
What the fuck are you on about? He brought the abuse on himself by his actions. Unless you're seriously suggesting that, because he's a City player, he can act like a spoilt **** and be exempt from criticism. Is that what you're saying? If any player or manager, past or present, is disrespectful towards the club he's going to get stick. To use some bullshit excuse about the club not remembering his birthday in order to try to engineer either a move away, or a payrise, is ''pathetic''. And he could have nipped it all in the bud early in the summer by coming out and saying what he intended to do (one way or the other) rather than saying he'll make a decision after the world cup. I'm delighted he's staying (for however much longer? We'll see); he was absolutely immense for us last season. But the whole way he (and/or his agent) handled/engineered this sorry saga has left a bad taste in my mouth.

KippaxCitizen said:
kiam06 said:
No wonder the media write the shit they do when there are thickos like those on this thread.

There never was a story it's all lies designed to destabilise our club.

Stop reading shite papers and sucking it up or you're no better than the rags who write it.
I take it you missed what was actually said at the time by the agent and Yaya himself backing what his agent said, on Twitter, not via a journalist? A lot of the original tweets were deleted, then a bit of back tracking went on, then it was complete silence, now the agent and Yaya are on record saying he's remaining a City player there were no problems.

I didn't need the press at any point during all of that to know what was going on.

I don't think he ever actually wanted to leave. He just wanted to pull a Messi and CRonaldo and tactically complain over fuck all to make the club shit themselves that he might leave and offer him a gigantic contract. The club called his bluff and we now have saved tens of millions and still have the player. Now Yaya and the agent are saying there was nothing in it all.

Nobody was trying to destablise anything apart from Yaya and his agent trying to undo a lot of hard work that Pellegrini Begiristain and Soriano had done with the whole 'holistic' drive by coming out with some of the most ridiculous bullshit since Tévez wouldn't warm up and went AWOL or Stephen Ireland said he didn't care what the score was when he was just sat on our bench.

It's done now, but let's not be so naive to think this was all a press driven thing.

Stop posting sense.

jimharri said:
Hart of the matter said:
A low point in Blluemoon history where we turned on one of our own, at a time of neediness and assume the worse and stated it all as fact. I am glad this saga is over for now so I can now go on and pretend that we are still the best fans in the land. No problem with questioning integrity but the level and amount of abuse on here was pathetic.
What the fuck are you on about? He brought the abuse on himself by his actions. Unless you're seriously suggesting that, because he's a City player, he can act like a spoilt c**t and be exempt from criticism. Is that what you're saying? If any player or manager, past or present, is disrespectful towards the club he's going to get stick. To use some bullshit excuse about the club not remembering his birthday in order to try to engineer either a move away, or a payrise, is ''pathetic''. And he could have nipped it all in the bud early in the summer by coming out and saying what he intended to do (one way or the other) rather than saying he'll make a decision after the world cup. I'm delighted he's staying (for however much longer? We'll see); he was absolutely immense for us last season. But the whole way he (and/or his agent) handled/engineered this sorry saga has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Glad you mentioned the cake and conveniently forgot his brothers passing

Didn't understand this fiasco from day one, lot of sympathy for him with his brother and I am just glad and relieved it is over. Only way for Yaya to re build the bridges between himself and fans (if he cares about us) is to put in the required performances on the pitch and maybe in the future keep his thoughts and those of his agent to themselves and not wash their dirty linen in public.

grim up north said:
jimharri said:
Hart of the matter said:
What the fuck are you on about? He brought the abuse on himself by his actions. Unless you're seriously suggesting that, because he's a City player, he can act like a spoilt c**t and be exempt from criticism. Is that what you're saying? If any player or manager, past or present, is disrespectful towards the club he's going to get stick. To use some bullshit excuse about the club not remembering his birthday in order to try to engineer either a move away, or a payrise, is ''pathetic''. And he could have nipped it all in the bud early in the summer by coming out and saying what he intended to do (one way or the other) rather than saying he'll make a decision after the world cup. I'm delighted he's staying (for however much longer? We'll see); he was absolutely immense for us last season. But the whole way he (and/or his agent) handled/engineered this sorry saga has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes; it was a tragic time for him, Kolo and the rest of his family circle, and my sympathies do go out to him; losing someone before their time isn't easy, as I know only too well. A lot of us have lost loved ones before their time. Doesn't mean we acted like cunts at our place of work though.

grim up north said:
jimharri said:
Hart of the matter said:

Jim is right, he brought all the abuse on himself.

Ytisac. Just one that didn't get his own way so then backtracked. Good for the team but most definitely left a bad taste.

He has to have another super season now, otherwise he'll get Pelter's.

jimharri said:
Hart of the matter said:
Admittedly he could have said before the WC or soon fterwards and said there was no issue. Then again he was busy preparing for the WC and his brother was fighting for his life so more on his mind. And afterwards he was in mourning.

The only comments I read were in a French story and it was never clear if he implied that City were at fault in his mind - just that he regretted following City' schedule.

If there really was no more to it than the agent tweets and the French story then I still struggle to understand how anyone can rationally believe he disrespected the club.

The U Turn has been forced on him,if the opportunity he sought had presented itself,he'd have been off like Usain Bolt.

Yes we retain the services of a world class player but i'm not convinced by his attitude anymore and I will certainly never see him as the legend he could have been.Players should be crawling over broken glass to wear our shirt not behaving like we owe them a favour......

Because of such,I was really hoping this could have been the chance to shape our midfield for years to come.

I have read loads of stuff over the last few months re: Yaya and people saying 'get rid,' 'fcuk him off' etc...
However I was made up when he came out yesterday and said he was gonna stay.
The bottom line is, to replace him would be almost, if not totally, impossible.
We are a much better team with him in it. End of.
And finally just think how our rivals felt when he gave that interview.
They would much rather play us without him in the side.
I for one want to see him bullying the likes of stevie me, fabregas, wilshere et al. Oh And anyone in a scum shirt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.