Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueAnorak, 2 May 2017.

1. SalfordCityBlue

SalfordCityBlue

Letting him go weakens the squad. If we can convince him to stay (on our terms) we absolutely should keep him around. Even now it would take a really expensive player to replace him with someone of equal quality. He's still better than Delph and Fernando, so would rather we let those two go before the big man. Would get fees for them too (I think?).

Letting Yaya leave for free would be a bad decision.

2. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

He's been the most important player this club's had since the takeover. I hope to fuck he stays.

3. CaliforniaBlue

CaliforniaBlue

Exactly - even if we keep paying his current salary for another year, it'd be cheaper than signing an adequate replacement and paying their lower salary.

4. bennyboy

bennyboy

Hope he stays on our terms.
    Silva and Toure still our best perfomers this year sadly.

5. leth

leth

We may not get him, but i'd throw down a lot of money for Verratti. Failing that, i'm fairly sure we could and probably will get Fabinho. Also, I think it's unlikely that Pep wouldn't have a good idea of a whole host of centre-mids that he admires and could work with.

6. blue dallas

blue dallas

Construction manager

7. kiam06

kiam06

Big mistake here's to another half arsed season.

Yes he's not been too bad in terms of effort this year but his legs have gone he leaves us wide open hence why our defence is a shambles.

Let go blues.

8. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

I would hope he does. However, I hope they would be coming in to replace Fernando and Delph and not Toure.

9. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Yep, the pivot role suits his ball playing capabilities. But another year down the line he's only going to get slower. I would only keep him if he was given a small role in the squad. Annoys me that we're still relying on players from 5 years ago.

10. malg

malg

Well said. It's all down to Yaya.......the whole debacle of a season is down to him not tracking someone.