Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was subbed, Pep and Yaya were very animated, lots of big man hugs and spoke for quite a bit of time

Could read lots into it... but could also mean nothing at all

When he was subbed, Pep and Yaya were very animated, lots of big man hugs and spoke for quite a bit of time

Could read lots into it... but could also mean nothing at all

Thought that too.
It's a no brainer to offer the year extension. I'd let Fernando go, keep Delph for now and with Gundogan hopefully fit for the season then leave central midfield whilst we address more urgent areas of the pitch.

Thought that too.
It's a no brainer to offer the year extension. I'd let Fernando go, keep Delph for now and with Gundogan hopefully fit for the season then leave central midfield whilst we address more urgent areas of the pitch.
Absolutely this.

Thought that too.

I wouldn't keep Delph. Decent enough player but never fit. Get rid and bring in a player that can contribute.

Dont give me a hard time for this guys (and ladies) but I'm hoping we dont offer him a new contract. Yaya did a job for us this season, after he came back from his benching earlier in the season but he'll be another year older and another step slower next season. With limited foreign places available....we have the support and a manager that has the vision to sign someone to replace him.....Maybe we wont be able to replace Yaya but what we dont know is, does Pep even want a "new" Yaya....maybe he has ideas for someone with different strengths.....If this was his last game, I wish him all the best and will always be a true legend to us blues but I'm excited to see what Pep can do with a shiny, new, talented CM...

Last edited:
Dont give me a hard time for this guys (and ladies) but I'm hoping we dont offer him a new contract. Yaya did a job for us this season, after he came back from his benching earlier in the season but he'll be another year older and another step slower next season. With limited foreign places available....we have the support and a manager that has the vision to sign someone to replace him.....Maybe we wont be able to replace Yaya but what we dont know is, does Pep even want a "new" Yaya....maybe he has ideas for someone with different strengths.....If this was his last game, I wish him all the best and will always be a true legend to us blues but I'm excited to see what Pep can do with a shiny, new, talented CM...

Why would you get a hard time. You are correct. Imo

I wouldn't keep Delph. Decent enough player but never fit. Get rid and bring in a player that can contribute.

Why do people think you can "get rid" of players. When they have a contract they will stay unless they get an equivalent deal elsewhere. They are not working for a bus company you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.