Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make sure they offer Zabaleta one as well then because he is a Blue through and through and will fight to the end. :-)
Sure Ive read on here, somebody who overheard Zaba speaking to Owen Hargreaves, saying he was offered an extension but didnt think his game suited what Pep wants from his full backs so hadn't accepted it. Sounds like that has now gone to Navas to cover right back.

Some good comments but nobody even questions if he would accept a one year extension? Personally I don't think he would. His megalomaniac agent will surely be looking for 2-3 years, a signing on fee and a huge Payoff for himself - from whoever will pay. Won't he?

Exactly, I'm almost certain he won't accept a one year deal here. I would say Italy is his most likely destination.

i don't see yaya here next season and a big money move to the usa or china will be on the cards. yaya can not play a full season the legs have gone to power the other premier league teams like he used to so why give him another year to milk the club we need a clean out and sorry nobody is owned a free ride they have been well paid for there services

we will not stand still in the summer and can not let another season slip like this season pep job is on the line next season and you think he is just going to let players stay and sit on the bench. we all know what is needed and the squad is to old and only players that can offer something to the first team will stay so 8 to 10 players in the first team squad are gone then the loan players we have will be sold or offered for another season long loan

on the last count i make it about 19 players that are on manchester city books who are going to need a new club and have little to none future at man city and i am not counting aguero and joe hart and kompany could all 3 be leaving in the summer than hand on heart says no but on the other hand we would get big money for 2 of them and kompany would anybody gamble on paying over the odds for him stay fit all season ????

am not even going to guess what the starting line up will be next season but you could say out of this season squad your not in the starting 25 squad for next season now am going to put all my eggs into one basket and say a marque signing will be coming in the summer and for me the time is right for messi to move on from barca and man city will be not the only club in for him and a bidding war could happen but city will have the upper hand in pep

Contract extension so we can sell him for a hefty fee to a club in China?
Pretty much guarantee this is not the case his agent is a dick but I doubt he is a fool financially, he will not want any potential signing on fee to be reduced by a transfer fee. If he goes to China it will be after his contract runs out not mid contract.

The squad needs re-building and that means the end for some of our star names. He can still play at a very good level but he's not a difference maker any more. Tremendous legacy he leaves but surely it's time to move in another direction.

Sure Ive read on here, somebody who overheard Zaba speaking to Owen Hargreaves, saying he was offered an extension but didnt think his game suited what Pep wants from his full backs so hadn't accepted it. Sounds like that has now gone to Navas to cover right back.

Then, with @karen7, I shall be bringing extra tissues to the last home game of the season!! If Zab has said himself that he hasn't accepted then that's sort of ok, but if we didn't offer an extension I would be lying in front of his car to stop him going!!! Just in case I will also take extra tissues to Watford as well. Thank you Blueparrot.

Watch the all action midfield in the Madrid Derby tonite. Will give you every reason why he will not be offered a new contract. Ridiculous to think he may.

Yaya is a legend and deserves another year even if he plays a handful of games, been our best player in some games this year, still can contribute to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.