Yaya Toure to Milan?

If pep can come in and tell whether or not he's going to work hard enough for the team within weeks then why did it take Pelligrini two years?

And if we don't have a buyer for him then what ?

We do as some on here are suggesting & have a season of punishment for not leaving, or we do what Pep is suggesting, try to get him upto speed & use him ?

He wouldn't have been playing today either way.

Seems Pep is playing chicken with Yaya as with a few other players.

Not even making squad...how long can that last? I reckon until January as another club then might be even more willing to give him a go if they are under some pressure. He's not the worst backup if we are desperate, but hard to see where he will play here otherwise. He must know this, but also knows it is hard to find a taker, as do we. Paying his wages to not even play seems like madness, but Pep has to make his point to set a standard, and I think you know I am a huge Yaya fan like you who is not naive about his strengths.

At that point something will give. It puts pressure on his agent to find a taker. The question is how much is it worth it for us to take his wages off of the books. Do we really think we can get a fee + his wages to the available clubs? Clubs in China I read somewhere wanted him over the summer but he didn't want to go there. No idea how true that is, but if so Pep is pushing back and I get it.

Seems Pep is playing chicken with Yaya as with a few other players.

Not even making squad...how long can that last? I reckon until January as another club then might be even more willing to give him a go if they are under some pressure. He's not the worst backup if we are desperate, but hard to see where he will play here otherwise. He must know this, but also knows it is hard to find a taker, as do we. Paying his wages to not even play seems like madness, but Pep has to make his point to set a standard, and I think you know I am a huge Yaya fan like you who is not naive about his strengths.

At that point something will give. It puts pressure on his agent to find a taker. The question is how much is it worth it for us to take his wages off of the books. Do we really think we can get a fee + his wages to the available clubs? Clubs in China I read somewhere wanted him over the summer but he didn't want to go there. No idea how true that is, but if so Pep is pushing back and I get it.

Pep kept repeating how Yaya 'loves football' & how hard he's trying to do what is asked of him. He had no reason to say any of that but some folks have decided Pep is lying about it.

I find it really bizarre how few people are willing to consider the idea that perhaps Yaya actually wants to play for City under Pep Guardiola before dropping a level & is trying to get upto speed for the job Pep would require him to do, if he possibly can.

If he finds he can't do it, maybe he'll leave. If he can, maybe we'll use him.

Imo we could use him now, but not in the exact way we played v Stoke. But I'd say the same about DeBruyne currently.

Pep kept repeating how Yaya 'loves football' & how hard he's trying to do what is asked of him. He had no reason to say any of that but some folks have decided Pep is lying about it.

I find it really bizarre how few people are willing to consider the idea that perhaps Yaya actually wants to play for City under Pep Guardiola before dropping a level & is trying to get upto speed for the job Pep would require him to do, if he possibly can.

Imo we could use him now, but not in the exact way we played v Stoke. But I'd say the same about DeBruyne currently.

But even Shaqiri mentioned that Pep praised him in the press but behind the scenes it was different. And i believe him....he talks of Hart positively too. I'm sure Yaya wants to play for Pep. But Pep has to decide the squad.....and even with a full pre-season. Yaya isn't even in the squad. That's very telling.

But even Shaqiri mentioned that Pep praised him in the press but behind the scenes it was different. And i believe him....he talks of Hart positively too. I'm sure Yaya wants to play for Pep. But Pep has to decide the squad.....and even with a full pre-season. Yaya isn't even in the squad. That's very telling.

It's possible Otamendi wouldn't have been in the squad if VK was fully fit. Or later that one of Sterling, Sane, Jesus or Kelechi might not be. Maybe Zabba won't make it at times when those are all available, along with Gundogan.

We may need a creative mid at some point, or even two, as fatigue kicks in, & that might be Yaya & Aleix Garcia. If not, it could be a long tough season for Silva & KDB.

Come on mate, surely you don't believe that?

Yaya is out, just a case of getting best deal possible.

Come on mate, surely you don't believe that?

Yaya is out, just a case of getting best deal possible.

If he's out we have nothing to worry about apart from we had better get Aleix Garcia involved in senior football soon, as we may need him.

If he stays, we have to deal with it & the best way, is to get him as fit as possible & use him to win us games, which he will.

If he's out we have nothing to worry about apart from we had better get Aleix Garcia involved in senior football soon, as we may need him.

If he stays, we have to deal with it & the best way, is to get him as fit as possible & use him to win us games, which he will.
Well you can hold me to it, but if I was a betting man I'd put decent cash on Yaya not being here come 1st Sept - even if we end up subsidizing his wages I'm confident we will get shut of him somewhere.

I'd go as far as to say that I'd be very surprised if any of Yaya, Bony, Nasri, Hart and Mangala are here at end of window - we will be pressing for permanent deals but will no doubt take loans at the death if we have to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.